Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
b1gkuz
b1gkuz
13:20 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
ok Devs fix this one then........

How come we can play a premium player out of tournaments without anything going wrong with a game......

However play them in a Tournaments and you get a java issue error which you cannot escape...this results in what looks like ppl leaving the game ....however the truth of the matter is they don't get a chance to play.................

You have taken peoples money for years now.....how about earning it and fixing this issue

I am running latest java and my windows is all upto date
b1gkuz
b1gkuz
13:28 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
twice this morning I get the same player and twice I cant play against him

1 in 10 am tourney and then in mirco at 25 past
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:50 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Have to download this Java Version (or Lower)
http://www.itechtics.com/download-java-8-update-31-direct-download-links/

Only fix mate as Nick doesn't do updates and hes the only one who can sort things. Other Admins may as well been Mods when it comes to Technical things.

Shame Nick never got help from coders like jack_pot and others, while Nicks away those could have continued his legacy
b1gkuz
b1gkuz
13:55 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
so I gotta uninstall version 101 and install 31
b1gkuz
b1gkuz
14:06 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
just tried installing 31 and it tells me its out of date and wont open the game window
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:10 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
You have to Allow and Remember when clicking Activate Java, worked for me mate
b1gkuz
b1gkuz
14:12 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
all this to play a game of snooker
b1gkuz
b1gkuz
14:12 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I did all that and it sat on a white screen
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:18 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
all this to play a game of snooker

i know

What browser you on mate?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:25 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Point made tho... we shouldn't have to faff around with java. The money is being taken and as b1gkuz quite rightly says it needs fixing (it'll not happen mind).... it needs to be fixed at the app end, i.e. funky.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:33 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
yup i know mate but what can we do? Nick doesn't care

wouldn't recommend buying premium not because of my distaste for it but...

a) Shouldn't have to pay to win which is what you would have if older Java wasn't an option
b) An Admin told me i don't think they can activate Premium (could be wrong).
c) Why would you pay to support a dying site?
b1gkuz
b1gkuz
17:26 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
the issue is the amount of abandoned games on my account......I never played ppl who had a high abandonment rate..........I also play to win....(wouldn't think so these days, not with the way im playing)...

So if you buy premium , what your saying is there's no guarantee it will get activated!!!......DODGY to say the least

and how much would I pay..........is it likely to get fixed? is everyone else in agreement to save it?.....is nick and other devs wanting to save it..........after all we the punters have lined there pockets for years.....why not they show loyalty to the players and fix the issues then let someone else take it over
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:52 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Correct no guarantee and not really worth it now anyway but best to let you know so not disappointed later.

Only nick can save it and he doesn't seem to have the passion for it but while he continues to make a profit (still is i heard) then can't seem him closing the site. His last post was two years ago on here.

Nicks last snooker update (2013)
http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/9860/game-loading-changes-and-more-22nd-september-update/1
daviking
daviking
21:16 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Given what it will cost to keep the server up (mine is a VERY basic low bandwidth package totally unsuitable for gaming and it's £440+ per year) and the very low numbers on the site, it's very unlikely any profit is made, so that makes it understandable that its just left alone to do its thing.

(you can of course just check out financial the details online but since it has Nicks home address etc on there I do not feel it is right to post a link)

I have come to accept that this is a fun very niche site, which really isn't in the same league as the more modern easy to use snooker site with thousands of users on all the time. And that is what give it its charm. The only reason to play is if you are into retro technology and the fun of getting things to work
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:29 Tue 13 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
b1gkuz

Correction premium users have given their money to Nick, devs (other admin) do what they do free of charge mate and some of them are even bored of the game or just busy in real life so are never online. If Nick was active and here im sure those in active ones would be demoted fully but oh well.

Regarding the Java issue. Download 31 again mate and after the install restart your computer to make sure the change takes affect. You also need to check that no other older update is on your computer as well as it will over ride the java you want. Worked for me and never been kicked since (unless my connection is just weird, i always use ethernet so doesnt happen much)
hutch19712
hutch19712
22:19 Wed 14 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I like retro the futures bleak il stay in the dark . my phones still got buttons
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
15:45 Thu 15 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with Ian and Ian, this is imo the worst problem funky has atm. I couldnt play against premium members too, at the end i was so annoyed i just bought premium myself (looking back probs the worst 10 quid I ever spent lol).
So now I'm on the other side of this, but this isnt great either, the premium helps when you play other premium members, but when you play regular members, it freezes alot where it didnt before (yes, then you can win unfairly, but it results in the DQ-DQ many times aswell). Also sometimes it just doesnt freeze, although you play the same player. Very weird.

All seems to have something to do with the premium cues. So really all premium members should have to play with the standard cue.
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
15:56 Thu 15 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Solution will be difficult tho, if premium members arent allowed to use a great coloured cue (lol), that would make the 10 pounds even more a waste than it already was. Also, it will only work if all people stop using a premium cue. And most likely there will always be someone who doesnt.
Downgrading java doesnt always work either, version 8u31 is too old to work on some browsers already, and it probs will be on the other browsers soon. If you use java for other purposes than funky too, it may not be a good idea to downgrade either.
With all that in mind the only solution I think is good enough is completely removing/banning the entire option to become premium member. But if what daviking says is right and funky probs barely makes enough money to keep itself in the air (I didnt know that), then it looks like the death of this site may come even sooner than we expected...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:05 Thu 15 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
The site makes Nick money any time someone logs in, along with all the adverts that pop up all the time.

Any browser will accept the version 8.31 you just got to remember not to upgrade it when it prompts you to do so. The only browser its going to fail on is Chrome. Right now most people play on Firefox and some play on Comodo IceDragon (thats the one i use as well) i have not been booted, froze or anything like that since changing to older version and using that browser. Your more likely to see Firefox drop the Java usage than Comodo as well.

Not many things on the internet require and updated Java either i don't think, unless you name something you know for sure that would be affected? Although everything i use daily is fine.
daviking
daviking
17:08 Thu 15 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
The site makes Nick money any time someone logs in, along with all the adverts that pop up all the time.

How does logging in make any money?

This site uses google adchoice as its feeder, which on a medium traffic (45000+ UNIQUE visitors per day) pays $0.01 every time someone Clicks on an advert and allows the page linked to load.

NOTHING is paid unless that happens. Anything else is just a myth.

Now this site has nowhere near that volume of traffic so how much do you really think is being made? Just be realistic.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

V premium player in tourney = Crash of my game

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.