are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Abusive guests

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

stephenh2014
stephenh2014
14:22 Sun 23 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
Just played an arc game against a guest who clearly enjoyed safety shots very, very much, even when I left a clear pot on. Thats ok, you can play however you like as long as its not cheating.
However, the next game he started complaining when I smashed the reds from the break. First moaning about my "pool break" (probably only because I potted one), then when he knew he was gonna lose the game, typed "the site died years ago because of your break" and left. So youre playing safe in a friendly game like your life depends on it and then you wanna tell me how to play aswell huh? Sad.

Obviously this isn't terrible behaviour, just stupid. But in recent months almost every guest is very abusive especially when they lose. Usually its far worse than this, just loads of swearing or more towards the "I hope your family dies" category. Most of the time I report them but nothing seems to happen cause they keep coming back, so please do something about it! Making an account is easy so why not block the guest option, or at least mute all of them. This has to stop.

Edited at 11:28 Sun 23/09/18 (BST)
stormforce
stormforce
14:31 Sun 23 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
I totally agree with you, there are many more aggressive\rude users on here than ever and perhaps the lack of mods with bootings\bans etc is one reason they are on the increase.
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
03:18 Mon 24 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
Its not just guests , its also members ..some short term some long term.

By the style of abuse some guests are the same people as some members as they use the same terms/aggressive style and terminology.

To be fair you can't do a lot about it apart from mute them ..reporting certainly is pointless with no mods around.

Best just to ignore them ..personally I just let them rant and rave and find it funny that they take it so seriously or try to put you off.

And also that they think I am the least bit concerned about anything they say or the abuse they give me or whether I win, lose or play rank or friendly .

This is a bit of fun for an hour every so often when my kids have gone to bed and there's nowt on telly to watch!
Now in the real world if I am playing Golf, Tennis , Badminton, Snooker, Pool etc or watching my sons Football team play ..then I get competitive lol.

It would be nice to play people who just wanted a game for fun and fortunately there are a few left.

Just outnumbered by the muppets now lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:42 Mon 24 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry to hear guys, i'll try and check the site more often but lost a lot of interest so only log on occasionally but if you see it happening, PM me here (hopefully see it), or Ian has my Facebook, I also have a Twitter which i'm on all the time.

If you would have said years ago that Dgen would only log in occasionally then i'd have to bite your hand off but unfortunately it's a thing.
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
03:06 Tue 25 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
I am beginning to think there is an outbreak of tourettes syndrome lol...

you play a simple game with a guest ..they then say something charming and I leave the game room as I have better things to do than listen to their drivel ..????

Surely they have logged onto play and in the case of the last game I just played they played well and won!!!!

I would be happy to lose to them again or play 6 or 7 frames.Now they just wait for the next person to join..???Or not.!!
Beyond me to be honest ..

I am beginning to think that this is one or two of the same people over and over again who are perhaps a little disturbed or get off somehow on it....

What a society we live in
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:04 Tue 25 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
Could be, Some people in the world get pleasure from trolling other people then again, it could be a well known or even a new player. We have no way of knowing for Guests.

I don't think Mods can do a lot about Guests, Sure we could boot them for a short duration or mute them for the session but that's about it.
jimi_clapton
jimi_clapton
15:58 Tue 25 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
I would have to agree that they are probably the same muppets
Cannot get on at the min so not missing this
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
02:43 Wed 26 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
lol ..first game tonight ..friendly vs guest..another online abuser.

Do they get a thrill from it ..its getting quite weird.
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
02:47 Wed 26 Sep 18 (BST)  [Link]  
I think there are quite a few of these weirdos because often the style of abuse is different..for example a few days ago the abusers grasp of English was tenuous...this one could (just) grasp English if only the more rich , varied and vulgar terms lol.

well done guest 008

ooops is that naming and shaming.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Abusive guests

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.