Website maintenance

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

nick
nick
Admin
11:34 Sun 14 Apr 19 (BST)  [Link]  
Well - a long time since I've done any updates - other life has taken priority and beyond the minimum to keep the site running. I'm still not able to do anything significant on the site but now I can at least attempt to fix some issues.

Firstly, I've moved the sites away from a dedicated server and using a virtual scalable service. This means the site can be kept running at reasonable monthly costs.

Secondly, part of the reason why updating was difficult was that the build had quite a few items tieing it to a specific development machine. As it was just one person developing it this wasn't bad - but with new jobs and time moving on I ended up using multiple laptops. Therefore I finally fixed this so it is trivial to get this working on other machines.

Finally... Java applets are of course deprecated some time ago. I'm going to spend a bit of time next week trying to get it to work using a downloadable exe file.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:58 Sun 14 Apr 19 (BST)  [Link]  
Nice to see you back Nick, Hope you are well and applause for attempting to fix some issues.

Will Funky come away from Java eventually (With many browsers no longer supporting it) or will it remain Java based (I'm using an Old Opera Version)
budweiser
budweiser
01:19 Mon 15 Apr 19 (BST)  [Link]  
Nice to see you back. Lets hope for a funky return
elgoog
elgoog
20:35 Tue 16 Apr 19 (BST)  [Link]  
It's over guys - Sorry
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Website maintenance

Back to Top of this Page