Get people back

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

muppet
muppet
13:13 Sat 23 May 20 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey!
I have been playing for years. Gone are the days when there was loads of people to play (I only play Original by the way). Nowadays you can sit there for ages by yourself before an opponent pops by.
I remember some years back that a slight adjustment was made to the pockets to make them tighter, meaning you had to increase your accuracy. You could argue that was fine back then as there was an abundance of people who wanted a game - but sadly - not any more - they have all gone!
But those pockets now are still tight, much tighter than they were some years back, this is especially bad for newcomers and they might think, gee, tried that Funky Snooker and it was too difficult.
I remember years ago graduating if you you want to call it that from Arcade to Regular and then to Original and I also remember that Original was a bit daunting the first time you play which is maybe why people go back to Arcade.
Maybe now might be a good time to try and attract more people by re-adjusting those pockets to what they were before they were made quite so tight so that people can build breaks and newcomers aren't discourage straight away before having at least potted a few balls
I am not talking about gaping great pockets, just putting them back to what they were 5 or 7 years back when the pockets were a bit more forgiving and didn't bounce back out so much. Gee, time goes so fast maybe it was 10 years ago.
All the best, have fun and I hope this is read and considered.

Edited at 14:23 Sat 23/05/20 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:17 Sun 24 May 20 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep, unfortunately life moves on, at one point, i'd never thought i'd only practice occasionally and not miss it as much as i did years ago. Also i feel that Nick left it too late to get away from Java onto a new technology.

I grew up on the Original Table too, i practice Regular quite a bit Offline these days
muppet
muppet
20:11 Sun 24 May 20 (BST)  [Link]  
I just feel Nick should make the pockets a bit more forgiving like they used to be, there are few people around now who want to play, the pockets are too tight - OR- too bouncy, I'm not sure what adjustment Nick made but I remember when it was done, it made a huge difference.
Maybe its this added difficulty level that had some effect on people not coming back.
Whenever there was a tournament on TV people used to flood in... its so sad to see the way this game has declined.
ah well, back to a bit of me against me. Mind you! I always win now against me and me.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:53 Sun 24 May 20 (BST)  [Link]  
i make a game of it in practice, try and make the highest break in the frame. I try to remember Player A or Player B so it's not easy but a good mix of tactical play (i.e. keeping balls safe) if ahead and if behind, try and break them open and play offensively.

If i play Orig, i load up Opera (I have an older version) and then use the Full Screen Mode (F11) or Zoom as we call it. Makes Orig kinda like Reg and Reg a Mini Arcade. I'm competent enough now to not needing zoom in Reg as i use the Desktop App but Orig is too small for me without zoom.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Get people back

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.