are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

a line of sight aid?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:14 Thu 27 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
in real life snooker, you can get down level with the cue ball and see if a shot your taking on is dead straight or not... This is of course very handy.

so i was thinking it would be great to be able to turn on and off, a line of siht in the game (infinate in length) between the cue ball and where your mouse curser is. This would let you see the exact angle of a shot to the pocket, without having to use a ruler etc.

I would personally just use it when unsure if a shot is dead straight or not, to decide if i should aim at the object ball full-face, then turn it back off.

It wouldnt be cheating or anything. It would just make it more real.

Obviously the line wouldnt want to bounce off cusions, giving away where the cue ball would travel. Now that WOULD be cheating.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:42 Thu 27 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Very Easy way out there mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:16 Thu 27 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
you mean out of a snooker?

a line of sight wouldnt give you any hints about the balls trajectory off of cushions for escapes.

it wouldnt allow any advantage compared to playing the game in real life.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:16 Fri 28 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Perhaps the feature should only be given to newbies, So they can get used to it?
nick
nick
Admin
10:12 Fri 28 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Derpatovski, hope your not using a ruler, or a handy piece of paper?

Seriously though - that's a good comment. I do want to have something like this. Not only does it help letting you know the angle, it will also help you realise if a ball is in the way of a shot.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:48 Fri 28 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
plzzzzz yer havin a laugh arent u lot,u dont need a aim line it wud make it far to easy i think this is a bad idea and i think this link shud b CAPPED
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:20 Fri 28 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
up_and_comin

it wouldnt make the game any easier than it should be.

think about it. in real life snooker you can sqaut down and see if a ball is blocking your shot. Perfectly fair, i doubt there would even be breaks over 20 if a professional couldnt asses what lies in the cueballs path.

all a line of sight would do is give this essential ability to the player online.

how many times have you thought the path was clear but skimmed a ball in the way, and thought - 'sh*t, thats cr*p, i couldnt tell!'.

there really is no legitamate argument against having this.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:18 Fri 28 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
The only thing that makes funkypool/snooker is the fact it has no aid, and this is better for me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:58 Fri 11 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
well that would be good for the newbies on funksnooker as u get better it should be removed cos then it would be cheating as it is on pool3d or snooker3d
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

a line of sight aid?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.