are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

9 Coloured Balls in Original Snooker

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:25 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi all, i used to play another extra game of snooker years ago using a ORANGE between the brown and blue worth 8 points and a PURPLE between the blue and pink worth 9 points.

What do you PRO'S think if you make PRO status then you are able to play this extra game, until your ranking drops of course, but you achievement stays on your profile for good.

Giving you another ranking
and another maximum to achieve?

You will have to tell Nick what you think!

Think about it anyway, its something else to achieve for you pro's!

Hey I may get there myself 1 day LOL
But I would love to play it again some day.

Regards COOPS 1
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:30 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
think this is called snooker +, i played it on Snooker 2005 for PS2
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:38 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
The game is called 'Snooker Plus' and was invented by the late great Joe Davis and introduced to the public in 1959 but didn't really catch on (as with most things produced in 1959 ). I believe that the Purple was actually worth 10 points to give a maximum break of 210. As far as I know there has only ever been one maximum acheived by Jimmy White in 2003.

I can't see why the game (if it were to be implemented) should be restricted to Pros only though.
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
18:48 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
This should be in game queries! But seeing how your new we'll let you off.

As for the idea I think the actual game of snooker plus is an insult to snooker, adding extra balls just seems americanise things to me, imagine if we had extra time multi-ball in football? Crazy I tell you crazy!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:00 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Unlike Arcade, Regular and Killer of course

To be fair it is an established game with good British pedigree (nothing American about it - no offence to our cousins across the pond) that is still being played today at professionals level. But as I said before it didn't really catch on so it is unlikely to catch on here - but then again this is FunkySnooker
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:27 Thu 8 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sounds a bit weird to me, but then again as you said Dave this is funkysnooker. lol

On a serious note, i don't think it would catch on here, and there is'nt enough room on the tables now let alone with extra balls. Saying that stick it on the original table (Damee would be pleased) lmao.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:19 Thu 8 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah but we all know that Nick doesn't see the name funky as a reason for unrealisticness (is that a word?)

As for the game, I find it odd to say the least, an orange and a purple? Sounds like pool on a snooker table to me. I also don't like the idea of having a game for pros/virts or any other user type (premium as well) only. Not only iwould it be unfair to the members who are not eligable, it also wouldn't make sense to create a game that only around 5% of members could achieve.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:22 Thu 8 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its a great game to play, the purple ball isn't the easiest place for it to be potted off the reds every time anyway. Do like it but it would only fit on the orig table which IMO will reduce the small numbers on there already.

Moved to game queries anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:03 Thu 8 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not sure weather i would like this or not but i really don't think it will catch on.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:06 Thu 8 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
i remember playing this on world championship snooker 2005 and it was fun to play on there

i would like to see this added but not on arcade table
it would simply be to hard to get the maximum
as the balls would be all cramped up

this may work on original table and even on regular table
just not on the arcade table
sorry lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:43 Fri 9 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
no room on arcade or regular thats for sure.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:17 Tue 2 Jun 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I would love to see this in action!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:43 Tue 2 Jun 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Pretty good image
Posted Image
toontomh
toontomh
17:10 Tue 2 Jun 09 (BST)  [Link]  
There's no need to bring this thread back up when you've just posted the same image on a thread that was just created today blaze.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:21 Wed 3 Jun 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry toontomh
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

9 Coloured Balls in Original Snooker

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.