Clan League Discussion Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:42 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
this is a discussion thread of all the new rules so you can have your say.

new rules i may put in next clan league season.

1) subs allowed which will mean less defaults as possible

2) if someone is banned etc i will allow another clan member to take their place - saw this on pool seems a good idea

3) 2 sets of fixtures for the 2 weeks

4) another idea you might consider would be:
captains nominate;
2 players for arc
2 players for reg
2 players for orig

5) 6 frames, like it is in the actual Snooker Premier League

6) another idea what pool has, if captains doesnt give me their 6 players by a certain date the the league runner (s) chooses 6 at random.

7) the allowing 2 teams into next season argument:

Good Point:

this will get more teams in the clan league which is a good thing (if there reliable of course)

Bad Point:

arguing between clans because 1 team has a better chance of winning by entering 2 teams. someone mentioned to me last night that same owner-same thread-same clan again could cause arguments.

what you think of all these rules that may come into the next season, 2 teams is not offical its only a debate for now.

now its time for you to have your say

any problems with any of these, or have anymore ideas for next season dont hesitate to write them down.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:48 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Another possible bad point of allowing 1 clan to enter 2 teams:

- That clan would have more chance of winning = an unfair advantage.

Edited at 09:53 Thu 11/02/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:48 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
well im gonna say yes to new clans joing coz ive set the annihilators up all the others seem good to me part from the 2 teams from 1 clan idea
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:51 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
samo think you misunderstood my post, new teams can enter as they wish.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:31 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rule 1 and 2, they should be the rules for any clan league. Rule 3 and 4 i really like, think it would be a nice addition. Rule 7 i really dislike because it's unfair and stupid.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:53 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
2 teams from same clan has been tried on pool lot of objections

BUT

all they have is same name and if they are in same division together all u have to do is do fixtures so they play each other game 1 that way no chance of any match fixing thats how we do it in pool league i run teams from same venue play each ither in first 3 weeks but thats cause our seasons are a lot longer so for this has to be first game.

Dgen with subs mate id say subs can only be made if games havent been started causes a lot less arguments that way .

Other than that

Rules looking good dgen
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
07:26 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
thanks for your input potty, muchly appreciated
adam_147
adam_147
08:33 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think what needs to be taken into account is the way the clan league looks at the minute. There are 4 teams in it now, and say you get 2 new ones, thats 6 teams... that's not going to be a great league.

The problem i feel is lack of awareness of the clan system. There are loads of players out there who are good players but aren't in clans, and also are active players.

What could maybe be done is to allow 2 teams per clan for one or two seasons, get the league bigger and better. A league that looks really good will attract people to want to take part, and that will get you new clans coming in, and then you can phase out the team 2s, or create a 2nd division for clans with 2 teams.

Ive copied below my post from the Hustlers thread on a couple of possible ways to get people aware of the clan league and attract interest, feel free to rip apart at your will if you disagree.

(yes i am aware it would need a couple of tiny alterations to the game...)
adam_147
adam_147
08:33 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
here's something for you to think about:

lets say you restrict it to 1 team per clan as in the current setup:

you get 4 teams in the league like you have now, FSE are realistically going to win it unless Hustlers play a great game against them. Next year the results are similar, team coming 4th decide to drop out. Next year same happens and team that comes 3rd drops out. You are left with FSE and Hustlers... Is that what the game needs?

In my opinion, what needs to be done is increase awareness of the clan system and the clan league. That will attract players, get more clans going and get the clan league bigger. There will be some great players new to the game who arent in clans now and don't know about them. The first i heard about the clan system was when lee invited me to join Hustlers. If i remember rightly i replied "what happens in a clan?" - This demonstrates the problem.

Possible solution:

For one/two seasons, allow 2 teams per clan to get the league bigger. At the end of the season, someone who can sends a message to everyone's inbox with the results and notable achievements and a thing at the bottom saying "recruiting for next season is now open" and gives directions on how to join clans.
Also, someone who is able to sees a result of a game and puts it in an announcement in game, eg:

Announcement: Clan league: Hustlers beats A team 25-11.

That makes people see it and want to know more!

Also have some way of telling new players about clans...
i_am_god
i_am_god
10:16 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
hustlers could have 2 teams enter, bith teams would want to win, match fixing wouldnt happen the individuals surely want to win.

my worry is ..... like last season there ends up being 20 actiuve players sitting doing nothing they could make up two teams, but because two teams is not allowed they miss out on a chance to play.
i_am_god
i_am_god
10:19 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i believe this clan league needs to....................

either

allow more than one team in a clan

or

only allow clans in the league who have no more than the rewuired amount.

this way no players are left to rot on the sidelines and also it will help captains explain when they have to drop some of the players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:32 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Every clan will have their own ideas on how they would want the league to be run, and lets face it pretty much every clan's ideas would be different to the next.

I personally,

agree with rules 1, 2, 5 <--- (will only work alongside rule 4)

With 6, I'd presume that if a captain doesn't post their 6 players the team would stay the same as previous. However if it was the opening fixture then do it random.

As with 7. It can't be done without arguments. Your a clan, your meant to play together, not against each other!
i_am_god
i_am_god
10:33 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think ill let you all crack on,

im quitting clans
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:54 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tbh, what the hell are we changing the format for, it's fine as it is, and there is a few other clans now so.......
i_am_god
i_am_god
12:07 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i_am_god said:
i think ill let you all crack on,

im quitting clans

well that went well

lol

we just need some rules. any rules then we all know where we stand.
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
12:43 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
when will the deadline be for the new league, as i think they should be a new clan coming round soon
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:47 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
few weeks away yet mate
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
12:48 Thu 11 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
plenty of time to get involed in a clan or make one
begger
begger
Admin
07:34 Sun 14 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah i agree..dont have to make things to complicated..just a basic set of rules..like the idea of having subs..and if you have a player thats banned u can replace him..that would make matches get done a lot quicker.and the premier league idea is very good..not sure about rule number 7

2 teams would give clans who enter 2 teams an advantage over others who have only entered one and also good point that joe made i dont want to play members of my own clan i have enough problems getting the games i arranged played with out having more..and as i said no point making things to complicated!

so will only enter one team
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
09:24 Sun 14 Feb 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
thanks for the input, it doesnt look like 2 teams will be in for the next season, sorry lee, been outvoted here
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.