Clan League Discussion Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19697
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:41 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What seb said. Although I would suggest it simply being 1 point for the match win. That makes it best of 5 between the clans. On such a small number of frames, a 5-0 would basically end the contest.

ah the old days of clans
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:44 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Summary for captains:

In case of a tie at the top of the table at the end of the season, a playoff will be played with following format:

Both teams nominate 1 player for each game type. The matches will be a race to 3 in arc, reg, orig, carom and race to 2 in power.
Each match win gives your team 1 point. Whoever wins 3+ out of the 5 matches wins the league.

Comments or suggestions?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:44 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
edit: fair enough
adam_147
adam_147
15:45 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks good to me...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:46 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I've sent it to the captains so they can comment. Any point sending a message to damee lol?
adam_147
adam_147
15:47 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes if you want a reply in a years time...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:47 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
He'll see it if he shows up. No message for damee
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:30 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd have gone for results between tied teams deciding. But you couldn't implement that this season. (I dunno anything about fixtures and scores between teams)

Good old flip a coin or you could get the 2 captains together in a room to play rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.

adam_147
adam_147
17:36 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes but that doesn't work cos everyone always goes Spock .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:06 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally I think its easier just to base it on the bonus table in the event of a tie.

Could then be used for 3rd and 4th or whatever then too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:56 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think if you do that then the bonus table should only include League breaks. Otherwise some clans have an advantage as they have more games to hit bonuses in.

All this discussion, it probably won't end up a tie anyway
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:59 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, bonus table can't be used in its current form- clans with defaults and not in cup/plate final are at a disadvantage.

It's not just for this season. We should have some sort of pre-agreed tiebreaker in place just in case it happens in any season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:08 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
A game of Killer?

Would be spicy.
jay_afc
jay_afc
22:17 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Summary for captains:

In case of a tie at the top of the table at the end of the season, a playoff will be played with following format:

Both teams nominate 1 player for each game type. The matches will be a race to 3 in arc, reg, orig, carom and race to 2 in power.
Each match win gives your team 1 point. Whoever wins 3+ out of the 5 matches wins the league.

Comments or suggestions?

Sounds good for this season. Unlikely it would happen in anycase.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:48 Wed 9 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with the tiebreak format.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
07:52 Wed 9 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe do what football league do and look at who won the match between them in that season, or use the bonus league, or take off bonus points and see who has most frames then?????

just a few ideas incase some people didnt lke the current format, i do but some may not
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:50 Wed 9 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Playoff! Playoff! Playoff!! Add some drama to it! It's meant to be fun after all!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:49 Wed 9 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe do what football league do and look at who won the match between them in that season, or use the bonus league, or take off bonus points and see who has most frames then?????

just a few ideas incase some people didnt lke the current format, i do but some may not

been discussed already and flaws for each of them
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:14 Wed 9 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Not exactly. The direct matchup during the season could be used- no problems with that. The other two do have flaws.

But so far I think more people are favoring the playoff.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:47 Sun 13 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Right time for my idea...

I am looking to do another side event for league similar to Bonus League + Highest Break but this would only be an individual competition.

my idea is to see how many halfs, cents and maxes each person can make in a season and whoever gets most is the winner

Halfs are counted as 50-99 (Arc, Reg, Orig), 5-9 (Carom) and 100-149 (Power)
Cents are counted as 100+ (Arc, Reg, Orig), 10-14 (Carom) and 150-199 (Power)
Maxes are counted as 107 (Arc) 147 (Reg, Orig), 15+ (Carom) and 200+ (Power)

For each Half you make you will get +1 on Half Section
For each Cent you make you will get +1 on Half and Cent Section
For each Max you make you will get +1 on Half, Cent and Max Section

I am also looking to see what highest break people can get for each game mode (this isn't a competition but purely stat based) in a season and in clan leagues, note that we won't go digging up previous breaks so its up to you if you want to find your true highest break but would start from next season.

this hasn't been implemented yet so i just want to know peoples thoughts
Pages: 19697
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.