Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
nick
nick
Admin
15:26 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm excited to add a new tournament competition to funkysnooker! From now on, each tournament you enter will have TournaPoints, and the one with the most TournaPoints in a given day, week, or month will receive a medal on their profile!

A tournament will be worth a number of TournaPoints dependent on the number of entrants. Also there are prizes available to the runner up and the semi-finalists!

Tournaments and TournaPoints will now be the most competitive games on the site. As such the ranking points played for in tournament games are double what you play for in normal games. They will also be exclusive - newbies in the tournament game type cannot join! This gives new users something to work towards and prevents resetters joining the tournament.

There will also be Super Tournaments - seasonal tournaments with lots more TournaPoints available, plus this will also remain on your profile permanently!

You can see where you stand in the current TournaPoint competition on your personal home page.

Other changes
Ranking point changes for normal games have been lowered.
Ranking points will drop each day dependent on the highest ranking point you have achieved. See http://www.funkysnooker.com/help#rankings

So how does this work?
A tournament is worth 20 TournaPoints for each entrant. Winner takes 70%, runner-up 20% and semi-finalists 5% each. At the end of each day, week, or month (starting December) the one with the most TournaPoints wins the event, and a bronze (daily), silver (weekly), or gold (monthly) medal permanently for their profile page.

Random tournaments?
Must be non newbie in each event possible, ie Arcade, Regular, Original, Carom, Power Snooker.
jack_pot
jack_pot
15:30 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Awesome update! Thanks Nick!
jack_pot
jack_pot
tripIe post :S
jack_pot
jack_pot
tripIe post :S
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:33 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
like i said on pool, great update
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:37 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
this is gonna be fun!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:53 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Be good if the Tournapoints available were showed on the Tournament screen.

nick
nick
Admin
16:07 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, it will be in future.

Random tournaments are a lot tougher to enter now, only 1 person is qualifying!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:11 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
whos that nick?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:24 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Kaison, and he won it because no one else joined
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:26 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Further depreciation of tournament value after this update.

- Ranked tournaments decreased the number of players entering
- Abandoned stats stopped even more entering
- People cant enter random tournaments now until non newbie in all ranks.

is it more or less popular you are trying to make the game nick?

the tournaments are going to be shared between a select few users now as less and less people join with every update
nick
nick
Admin
16:31 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
There is no abandoned stat (was removed quite some updates ago), and there is no way it can be considered depreciation of tournaments, they've been given pride of place on the site in terms of more placement, reward and ranking.

As for the numbers, we'll have to wait and see!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:42 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i like this update mostly because newbies cant enter ranked tournaments anymore.
since the games limit was lowered to 50 to cease being a newbie, i think it shouldnt be a problem for most people to play enough games in all categories in a short amount of time. random tourney during daytime was probably the worst case scenario for this new system
greatest
greatest
17:07 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
how do you get rid of this tournapoints thing from my profile,i dont play tournaments and seeing myself on 0 points is a terrible blow to my ego.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:11 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
everyone can see it mate

but i think if you don't enter tournaments then the tourapoints shouldn't appear on your profile.
greatest
greatest
17:13 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
my profile looks a right mess now.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:14 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
in fact it doesnt show on your profile UNTIL you enter or win a tournament im guessing as its not showing on mine.

it shows in home section though which is private ONLY to you.
greatest
greatest
17:16 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
ok but it still not good on the eye
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:18 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
There is no abandoned stat (was removed quite some updates ago), and there is no way it can be considered depreciation of tournaments, they've been given pride of place on the site in terms of more placement, reward and ranking.

As for the numbers, we'll have to wait and see!

One person at the moment can enter the random tournament, I put it to you that as a result then that tournament is devalued.

Measures taken that decrease the numbers, 1) entering 2) restricting the numbers entering, in my view devalues the tournamants if you have to beat less people to win it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:18 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Are all tournament games ranked now?
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.