Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1910
si123
si123
03:36 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
The whole thing is not thaught out very well tbh

I like some of the updates declining rank allthe time

But the whole tourny sceen is now ruined just played 1am tourny dont think ever seen so few people in it lol
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:46 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
22 people isn't bad, how many were there usually? There are only about 60 people online anyway.
As was mentioned before, it will be interesting to see in a week or two how many people are playing tournaments compared to before. I'm sure it will factor into Nick's decision on where to go with this.
nick
nick
Admin
12:07 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I will reduce newbie games to 30. 50 is too high for snooker.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:26 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tournaments had no meaning before this update, literally no meaning anyone could make a new account and win one today.

At least with this update there are no newbies to do so, so in essence it's going to be a lot more full time member orientated.

However I still think there are far too many tournaments as it is, they just don't mean as much as they used to anymore, so maybe that's something to look into.

Edited at 10:31 Thu 25/11/10 (GMT)
greatest
greatest
13:35 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
a true newbie couldnt win a tournament,a fake newbie could.
greatest
greatest
14:04 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
why cap my other thread? It has nothing to do with the tournapoints.
nick
nick
Admin
14:13 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
As I explained, your topic is discussed extensively in this thread
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:23 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
greatest said:
a true newbie couldnt win a tournament,a fake newbie could.

What does that have to do with anything? If anything you've just validated what I said.

I'm guessing decreasing the number of tournaments is a no go Nick?
nick
nick
Admin
14:36 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
fernando said:
I'm guessing decreasing the number of tournaments is a no go Nick?

I have reduced the number of games required before you lose newbie status to 30 ranked games which will boost eligible tournament players.

We can look into player numbers over the next 3-4 weeks and then look into other changes.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:43 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
just be patient people, as time passes, the amount of people playing tourneys will be surely more than before the updates.

I do not think any additional change is necessary

........................................................................................................

P.S well part from carom where i have my objections...but for that please look here and comment :

http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/7545/carom-points-after-new-updates
si123
si123
15:11 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
What happen is double dq in tourny?

Anybody who knows I would be greatful
nick
nick
Admin
15:15 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
In case of a double disqualification no change to ranking occurs (match is considered a draw).

If double disqualification occurs in the semi-final both players still receive semi-final TournaPoints. If it occurs in the final both players receive final appearance TournaPoints. So in both these scenarios the full amount of available TournaPoints are not given out.
greatest
greatest
15:57 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
some players will just dip in and out of games to keep their rank up,i wont though,its a waste of time.
nick
nick
Admin
16:39 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
greatest said:
some players will just dip in and out of games to keep their rank up

I hope so, professionals actually having to play at least occasionally sounds like a pretty decent thing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
tbh with these new changes i dont care about my ranks nomore.......i know im a half decent player, dont really care what the numbers say
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:53 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
an example of that, before update i was 800 in arcade, went down to 799 and won 13 points in a tournament although i lost in semi finals.

my point is though i didn't play arcade for 2-3 months since i reset and lost newbie because im not too keen but this update will force me to play arcade again and even regular which is a good thing.

if this update never happened i guarantee you i would never have played arcade ranked again and try to avoid arcade as much as possible.

because it has got me playing arcade again (although im rusty at it) then the update is a success for me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:21 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
greatest said:
some players will just dip in and out of games to keep their rank up

I hope so, professionals actually having to play at least occasionally sounds like a pretty decent thing.

How occasionally are we talking Nick ?

Most people who sit on 800 play friendlies and tournaments (I do at least), and with all tournaments ranked it will force me to play more which is partially a good thing, and partially bad as I have mock exams coming up....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:44 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
In case of a double disqualification no change to ranking occurs (match is considered a draw).

If double disqualification occurs in the semi-final both players still receive semi-final TournaPoints. If it occurs in the final both players receive final appearance TournaPoints. So in both these scenarios the full amount of available TournaPoints are not given out.

The only unfortunate thing about that is that there will be occasion whereby a losing player (especially in a speed tournament) could possibly time waste to force a double DQ and thus preserve their ranking points. It is a shame that there are people who are that way disposed but it is a fact of life that they exist - previously this has happened purely out of spite (which is admittedly very rare) but now there is something to be gained (i.e. no loss of rank but gain of TournaPoints)

Edit: Typos

Edited at 00:18 Fri 26/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:48 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
boyler_lfc said:

Most people who sit on 800 play friendlies and tournaments (I do at least), and with all tournaments ranked it will force me to play more which is partially a good thing, and partially bad as I have mock exams coming up....

lol boyl, thats exactly the idea of a succesfull site, to make us visit more and wanna play for several reasons, rankings is one of them i suppose

I know, it's a bit addictive at times, but there is a way, don't play too many friendlies !

Sorry buddytobud, i didnt change subject, but we posted at same time...

Edited at 21:51 Thu 25/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:58 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
How dare you change the subject when I am changing the subject!!

LOL only joking never crossed my mind mate
Pages: 1910
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.