New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11112
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:39 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
its whoever has most tournapoints by end of the day.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can we get the results changed please? Both in the mainframe and on the results page. It doesnt differentiate now between tournaments and just ordinary ranked games. Its impossible to tell between a tournament and a normal ranked game anymore
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:47 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
aren't they the same thing now?
nevermind, was confused what you were talking about

Edited at 15:55 Sat 27/11/10 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:47 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
its changed on pool, even has the link to the tournament, so probably be here soon.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:49 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
*cough*

Edited at 15:56 Sat 27/11/10 (GMT)
nick
nick
Admin
17:54 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
g_echo_l said:
Can we get the results changed please? Both in the mainframe and on the results page. It doesnt differentiate now between tournaments and just ordinary ranked games. Its impossible to tell between a tournament and a normal ranked game anymore

This will be fixed next patch.

I've adjusted it on pool already, in addition the link to the specific tournament is shown:
http://www.funkypool.com/member/cphaynes/results

EDIT: Ooops, see you already had that answered dgeneratio.

Edited at 16:08 Sat 27/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:24 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
in some ways the pts system for tournies is crazy. i got to the semis of an arcade marathon tourny and because i got beat of a lower ranked player i ended up on the same pts as before the tourny started
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:35 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why are people so worried about ranks. I thought part of this whole update was to shift the emphasis towards tournaments over rank.
i_am_god
i_am_god
21:59 Sat 27 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
in a first to 2 match in tournament

if player leaves in frame 1 o you not win the points (rank) for frame 2 aswell?

this rule seems incorrect if you win/lose points for no show in frame 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:09 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
why should there be an emphasis on tournaments?
i was lucky for once i had time to play in one,
usually i only have time to play ranked games why should i be penalised for that?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:18 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
rb8799 said:
usually i only have time to play ranked games why should i be penalised for that?

Firstly, because that is Nick's intention for the site. Secondly, in what way are you penalised, as I can't see your point?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:58 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
buddytobud said:
rb8799 said:

Firstly, because that is Nick's intention for the site. Secondly, in what way are you penalised, as I can't see your point?

firstly i didn't realise it was i wasn't allowed to have an opinion on the matter, secondly i like trying to achieve as high a rank as possible from the game, what's wrong with that, but having lower ranking points available for normal ranking games in some way penalises me for not having time to play tournaments.
glad to clear that for you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:23 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Never said (or even implied) such a thing or meant it in any way as an attack on you. I was curious to know how exactly you felt penalised by the changes as it wasn't clear in your post. Now that that is clear, I (personally) don't think the changes do really penalise anyone. What has happened is that an extra bonus is given to the 'prestige games' in keeping with Nick's intentions to bring tournaments to the forefront of the site as something to be achieved and properly rewarded (other than a simple unrepresentative count on your profile). Also, whilst there is more to be gained, this is balanced by a corresponding more to be lost.

Edit: removed typo

Edited at 02:41 Sun 28/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:36 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
no problem, just doesn't really work for me i guess, i'll still enjoy the game , whilst also enjoying a moan
greatest
greatest
15:00 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
the answer is simple dont play tournapoints.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:53 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
not really think you've missed the point
nick
nick
Admin
14:35 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ranking should not be seen as something you can continually and indefinitely gain. It's just an approximate numeric rating of your current form.

As such it's not meant as a punishment to people who play in ranked games only, just that a fairer approximation of your current form is made from random opponents rather than (what is often) selected opponents.
nick
nick
Admin
15:48 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tournament links on results page have been added.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:14 Tue 30 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
Ranking should not be seen as something you can continually and indefinitely gain. It's just an approximate numeric rating of your current form.

As such it's not meant as a punishment to people who play in ranked games only, just that a fairer approximation of your current form is made from random opponents rather than (what is often) selected opponents.

exactly Nick ! All one on one sports are like that, like tennis for example. If Murray wins Wimbledon 2011 he gets 1000 points, and next year if he doesnt show up, or doesnt go to semis, he loses the points. By saying that basically proving in no sport or game u can maintain points by sitting on them, and by not playing. Plus in NO game/spotr u get to CHOOSE your opponents anyway, so ur new rules are 100% fair, perhaps they should be even 'tougher' in my opinion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:21 Tue 30 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi dont know if this is the last page to ask this but...
My ranking on arcade was on 752 last night and last game i played...
Arcade Snooker Ranked - u_back_up (1) 54-55 (4) max_is_back RANKINGS: max_is_back 752.0 (+2.6), u_back_up 748.0 (-2.5) about 20 hours ago

But i came back this evening and it was up to..
Arcade Snooker Adept
Ranking 763.7 (2,533rd)
Maximum 804.8

Dont know if this is a bug or part of the new system..
Pages: 11112
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.