dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:19 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
yes mate i think so.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:20 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Another great update Nick and the new Home Page looks great

Doubt whether I'll ever get any of them new fangled TournaPoints thingies though.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:26 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
that makes 2 of us bud, but its certainly making me want to enter tournaments again and lose my newbie tag on Regular (few days work) to enter the random

EDIT:

noticed due to the drop i am no longer a newbie in Regular which means i can now enter random as killer doesnt count

Edited at 15:41 Mon 22/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it will put off people who sit on a 800 rank or any rank for that matter, if i read this before joining the Orig tournament i wouldln't have joined.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:43 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah but that can happen in any ranked game
nick
nick
Admin
17:48 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
g_echo_l said:

One person at the moment can enter the random tournament, I put it to you that as a result then that tournament is devalued.

Obviously that is a problem at the moment, but completely useless to judge it as a failure of the TournaPoint and tournament competitions.

I personally am going to be playing additional games to lose my newbie status in those other games, so this can also (just as anecdotally) be seen as a success.

However, things like this may need tinkering with, as happens when adding any new system.
nick
nick
Admin
17:54 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
max_is_back said:
I think it will put off people who sit on a 800 rank or any rank for that matter, if i read this before joining the Orig tournament i wouldln't have joined.

You can't sit on 800 any more. Ranking is now reduced according to your highest rank, 800.9 highest rank means you will be reduced to 763ish.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:57 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
hmm i dont like that tbh

will prob force me to log into both sites at same time to keep above 800, i know 1 thing though, it will be challenging which is one of the things i like.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:08 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
what prizes are we talkin bout then ?
akon
akon
18:17 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Great update mate
marko08
marko08
18:33 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think the tournapoint idea is good it makes tournaments so much more fun and competitive
mosconi
mosconi
18:39 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
So all tournaments are ranked?

I don't have any complaints that your ranking can be affected in tourneys but i think arcade should be made best of 3's in all rounds in all tournaments.

I'm putting a good ranking on the line and yet its easy for a player to get lucky and pinch a frame so thats why it should be best of 3.
marko08
marko08
18:45 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree with that we are puttting a good ranking on the line to lose it by a fluke.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:46 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dont play it then?
marko08
marko08
18:52 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I will still play it but it would be better to make it best of three from quarter finals onwards
nick
nick
Admin
18:52 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
mosconi said:
So all tournaments are ranked?

I don't have any complaints that your ranking can be affected in tourneys but i think arcade should be made best of 3's in all rounds in all tournaments.

I'm putting a good ranking on the line and yet its easy for a player to get lucky and pinch a frame so thats why it should be best of 3.

In this scenario, it doesn't make much difference if games are 1 frame or a race to 2. Each frame counts as an individual ranked game with rank changes after. In theory you can lose ranking from a 2-1 match win against a far inferior ranked player.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:08 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
g_echo_l said:

One person at the moment can enter the random tournament, I put it to you that as a result then that tournament is devalued.

Obviously that is a problem at the moment, but completely useless to judge it as a failure of the TournaPoint and tournament competitions.

I personally am going to be playing additional games to lose my newbie status in those other games, so this can also (just as anecdotally) be seen as a success.

However, things like this may need tinkering with, as happens when adding any new system.
Just to clarify, i was not hitting out at the tournapoint system. I actually (in theory) agree with it.
Personally I am not bothered about ranks, the only reason I dont play ranked games is because I found them stressful. Not because of the ranks but purely because of the higher level of abuse received in comparison to friendly games. I only play for enjoyment and boredom, not to be needlessly be insulted. Hence I am not in favour of playing ranked tournaments or having to play X amount of ranked games to join tournaments or X amount of ranked games in genres I dont like playing.
Clearly my reasons for playing funkysnooker are different to the vast majority of users who enjoy playing ranked games and are not bothered by getting abuse when winning games. Maybe I am just an isolated case and somehow managed to get abused in a larger proporiton of games than everybody else.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:17 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Personally, I don't like the fact that you can't sit on 800 any more. The HomePage now looks squeezed as if you're trying to fit it all on one page, where as it would be easier to put them underneath and not on the side as in my opinion it doesn't look right.

Other than that I like the TournaPoints and all the rest, including the other updates.
nick
nick
Admin
19:34 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
g_echo_l, I'm hoping that having ranking points as a secondary goal loses the effect of people caring so much about rankings.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:40 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
TournaPoints or Tournament Points.. Which do you people prefer?
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.