are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

How to leave a game without losing points

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:06 Tue 18 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
A number of times I have finished playing a frame of snooker and seen what my points will be next time and when I have logged on to play the next time I have lost a significant amount of points.
Could anyone tell me why this is and how I come out of a game at the end of a frame finishing without losing points as you can leave before three balls are potted on funky pool yet on this one I leave before a shot is taken by me and still lose points
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:12 Tue 18 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
as far as i know its a similar system to pool with a slight alteration...

in pool you can leave before 3 balls are potted, but in snooker you can leave until 3 shots have been taken.

this is how it works, but it actually doesnt answer your question as you say you left before any shots...

at least i attempted to answer it :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:38 Tue 18 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i think he means over night he's lost ranking, this also happens on pool, i think its so u dnt get a great ranking and never log on again, i could be wrong correct me if i am
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:45 Tue 18 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Astill i think your correct.

blufloss, every day, people above a certain rank lose a set amount depending on how high their rank is. This is to encourage people to play, and to stop people who reach the top 'retiring' so they stay there.

The process is reversed if your ranked below a certain number, so that 'less skilled' players rank does not keep falling and falling.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:12 Tue 18 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
thanks for confirming my assumptions thelord
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:50 Wed 19 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
To prevent player's simply retiring when they are top of the rankings a small amount is chopped of their ranking daily.

The rule is a 1 point drop for any user with a ranking over 850.0

However if your rank is under 850.0 then I don't see why you are losing rank, hope this helps :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:42 Wed 19 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i think im having the same problem. it says ive lost 8 and won 16 but theres no way ive played 24 matches, can this be checked by the admin?
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

How to leave a game without losing points

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.