Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

EZR.me - URL Shortener

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
jack_pot
jack_pot
22:49 Wed 7 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If you want a free forum I really don't recommend phpBB.

MyBB is far more secure & stable. It's also a lot lighter and easier to customize. You don't get as much support as it's less known than phpBB but it's definitely worth trying out.
si123
si123
03:18 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Jack just looking at your site, and don't know if I prefered it the other way hmm

But atleast you got fragma taken from the bottom

Also I prefered the other 'EZR'logo displayed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:38 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Jeez, it's almost impossible to find a .me domain
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:01 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
jack_pot said:
If you want a free forum I really don't recommend phpBB.

MyBB is far more secure & stable. It's also a lot lighter and easier to customize. You don't get as much support as it's less known than phpBB but it's definitely worth trying out.

what features does mybb have than phpbb doesn't?

if theres a free forum i might give it a try.
si123
si123
16:39 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It has more pre installed features, and it's proberbly better for a big forum as there are added extras also with its increase in popularity there are alot of new things coming out for it all of the time if you browse forums etc

But PHPBB is just simple and with it being proberbly the most commonly used, there are hundreds of different things millions of different themse etc Just can't go wrong with it

The reason I would use PHPBB is because it's simple extremly user friendly, I don't use MyBB alot but I don't like change maybe I will have a crack at it and see what I can do with it Then be able give a none biased view
jack_pot
jack_pot
17:10 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
MyBB is simpler than phpBB. It's easier to administrate. There isn't lots of clutter like you get in most forum software packages these days.

phpBB is a lot more well known, which has it's down sides.. Exploits for phpBB forums are being found & spread around on a regular basis.

To sum up, MyBB is more secure, has the most advanced & easy to use plugin system I've ever come across, is a lot lighter than phpBB, and in my personal opinion, looks a lot cleaner & more professional.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:28 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
can you show me an example and ill check it out.
jack_pot
jack_pot
17:48 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
My forum http://www.talkgfx.net uses MyBB, although it's been edited a lot so it's not your typical MyBB design.

Also http://www.supportforums.net is a forum which I often go on, and that also uses MyBB.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:06 Thu 13 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I have a question regarding displaying a random record on a webpage, which is pulled from a MySQL table.

I would like to be able to display 1 random record per week - so that record would display on my home page from Monday 00.00am until Sunday 11.59pm, As part of my Site Of The Week feature.

Is it possible to define how long a random record would be displayed for?
jack_pot
jack_pot
11:38 Thu 13 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry cmurphy I'm pretty beginner with SQL.
w3schools might have the answer for you though.
http://www.w3schools.com/sql/
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:59 Fri 14 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Figured it out eventually

Set up a cron job to run every Monday at Midnight.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

EZR.me - URL Shortener

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.