Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Computing Problems

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
cue_power
cue_power
02:00 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Right I have installed the speedyfox and I shall let you know how I get on. I'm not sure if its faster or me just thinking its faster.

Seems to alg the most when im on facebook and considering I have just said bye to everyone I dont fancy logging back in to say hi!

but thanks for the help as always, I shall send my report
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:15 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
jack_pot said:
harold_ said:
Derry and others....just a tip from Holland....superb app for downloading music (separate songs)....high speed.....Pirate 1006

http://code.google.com/p/thepirateapp/downloads/detail?name=Pirate-1006.exe&can=2&q=

I wouldn't go near that with a barge pole... No offence.

Never have heard of this expression....but i guess you dont like this software....ive never seen such a fast search/download engine...works fine for many many people....but it is just a tip....
jack_pot
jack_pot
00:19 Thu 12 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Everything working for you cue_power?
cue_power
cue_power
04:20 Fri 13 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes mate its a lot better. I was trying to update flash player and realised I have like 3 different types of flash player?

Firefox as a whole is a lot quicker now, like it loads pages in a blink of an eye, whereas it use to take about 3 seconds.

Facebook still a bit laggy. I get a message like - Script has stopped responding we advise closing the script - stop script/cancel.

Which seems to cause a like 3 minutes system crash? Which causes me into anger mode so I start hitting the computer and clicking the mouse 700 million times Lol.

Any advice of flash player etc? Seems like I download one and then I go onto a site and it tells me I need a newer version, which then I download that version and a site tells me I need a different one again!! It grinds my patience! Lol

Cheers for the speedyfox though, helped a lot!
mich
mich
10:37 Fri 13 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
On those flash players Dez... most of them are not just flash players and come with annoying toolbars search engines and some even carry some virus'. So make sure you read up on what you are downloading before hand.
jack_pot
jack_pot
10:52 Fri 13 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeh don't download Flash Player from anywhere but the Adobe website: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If you use Google Chrome, you won't need to worry about updating it as it does it automatically. Other browsers might do this as well but I'm only certain on Chrome.

As Mich said, a lot of stuff you download can add addition stuff that you might not want onto your computer, but the main reason for this is that people don't read through the installation of programs. Most programs will ask you if you wish to install the toolbar, or any other rubbish, rather than installing it without permission. If it does it without permission, then it might not be the most trustworthy program.

Some do also carry viruses but that's a whole different matter and shouldn't be a problem if you just be careful.

Script errors are (I believe) always down to the website you're on. If the website tries to load a script but can't for whatever reason, then rather than the browser choking up and freezing, you'll be able to stop the script from running.

Can you expand on the 3 minute system crash?
cue_power
cue_power
19:49 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well it really only happens on Facebook. When I am on Chat and speaking to people I use other tabs such as snooker, BBC Football and maybe Youtube.

It seems that when I am running something like Youtube, or a video and clicking between tabs, when I go onto the Facebook Tab the Tab will be flashing Derry Mulloy (1)... so I click it fairly quickly and then I get the script is not responding message.

When this happens which is often I cant then do anything, the whole system freezes and I have to wait for the Script message. I click "Stop script" sometimes the same message pops up again straight away, but it takes about 3 minutes for it all to settle down. By this point I have closed all other tabs in a rage! Lol

I will copy and paste the Script crash thing when it happens next, that may indicate an issue?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:30 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i get it quite a bit, on Firefox, when it happens derry do you get a cloudy substance? then you have to keep pressing F5? happens to me a lot and if i am on funky i can get 2 random shot penalties from it or if im updating clan league on google docs.

so at the moment im on chrome, downloaded new Java and seems okay just the occasional white screen (usually in tournaments which is why i never enter them).
si123
si123
18:05 Tue 17 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Derry, what version of Windows are you running?

With you downloading alot of 'crap' a few things I would suggest to you are, go to;
Start > Run > (type) msconfig then a box will appear and then click on 'Start up' tick the box that says 'Hide all Microsoft items' and go through the list making sure everything there you know what it is.

You will come acros alot of stuff you won't recognise but just type the name into Google or here and then go from there.

Also do you ever go onto Task Manager 'Ctrl Alt Del' And just see how many applications you have got running knowing what each 1 does on your computer? As there could be a more specific reason this is happening.

Just have a look through, and you will possibly find something you don't want or need!
cue_power
cue_power
18:21 Tue 17 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v1/ye/r/2dpuZVo5osz.js:15

Thats the script error message I get, if that makes any difference?

Will do that now Si.
cue_power
cue_power
18:23 Tue 17 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What do I click when the box appears?

Normal set up
Diagnostic set up
Selective set up

Or do I tab over to services?
cue_power
cue_power
18:43 Tue 17 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have done that and have..

ATI HotKey Poller
AVG (unkown)
AVG (unkown)
Google Update
Goodgle update
Google software (unkown)
Install driver table manager (unkown)
iPOD Service (unkown)
JAVA quick starter (unkown)
Jump start WiFi
NETGEAR (unkown) (this is my router adapter)

Seems like its all in order?
cue_power
cue_power
02:47 Wed 18 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh fgs!

Everytime I sign into my Xbox live... go on CoD... ill join a game be there for 5 minutes then.. MY WHOLE HOUSE loses internet access? Haha!?

Wtf? Has my Xbox live been hacked or something? Can they even do that through Xbox?

I swear, I am a walking disaster with computers in general!

Cant wait until im old and completely scared of technology haha.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Computing Problems

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.