Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Recording Digital Television

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:17 Sat 31 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am looking for some advice on recording programmes on Freeview using a Digital Recorder (DVR) with a Hard Drive.

I have been looking on the internet, but the only ones I can see come with built-in Freeview, which I already have built-in to my TV. Can you get basic ones that just record and playback and nothing else?

Also, is it possible to record and playback using an ordinary external HDD, like the ones you plug into a laptop?

All this digital recording to Hard Disk stuff is new to me.
jack_pot
jack_pot
02:33 Sat 31 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
What's your price range?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:11 Sat 31 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
top end about £150 - £200. Will pay more if I have to though.
jack_pot
jack_pot
03:30 Sat 31 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
You can use a HD PVR which will record whatever is on your TV screen and save it onto your computer. This requires hooking them up though so you'd probably need a laptop to do this unless you have a computer closer enough to your TV monitor for the wires to reach.

Other than that I don't really know of any recorders that come without Freeview. Is that really a problem though? Why not just junk your other Freeview box or sell it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:58 Sat 31 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Freeview is built in to the Television set
jack_pot
jack_pot
18:29 Sat 31 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
That shouldn't be a problem though. I'd probably recommend buying a HD PVR. Here's a link:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/7791395/Hauppauge-HD-PVR-USB-High-Definition-Video-Recorder-01228/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=hd+pvr&urlrefer=search

You'll be able to record what's on your TV screen straight to your computer in HD. Otherwise just get any old recorded that comes with Freeview.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:33 Sat 31 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not too keen on recording to my PC.

I'll probably just get a Freeview+ box from Argos. My unce advised me I'd be better with 2 Freeview tuners so I can watch 1 programme while recording something else. So I'll have 1 tuner in my TV and a 2nd tuner in the Freeview+ box
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:58 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
u can get play tv for ps3 if u have a ps3 record straight onto ur ps3 and u can take it off with a usb u can play while u record too
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Recording Digital Television

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.