how did you come up with your name

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:55 Fri 9 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good point, i stand corrected on the breaks, different rules on here to the televised events, shoudl watch my semantics eh ;)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:56 Mon 12 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
I dont think that its different rules, the highest "non-fail" break is a 147, even on tv. Fail points do not include in your break but they do on your overall score as you may know! i think snooker rules are the same all over the world, but as the euro pool (8ball) goes there are many different house rules, like some pubs might make their own rules up etc.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:45 Tue 13 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
yea ur right 147 highest break is 147 but the highest non break score can b anything if the other player fouls alot :D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:21 Tue 13 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
well i came up with is cause

1, its my name
2, its the name of my favorite snooker player

Edited at 13:22 Tue 13/12/05 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:11 Tue 13 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Actually you are wrong on the breaks, a free ball foul allows one extra red and colour to be played, increasing a maximum break to 155, i've definitely heard about that one.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:58 Tue 13 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
ok i dont wanna argument about it, lol think what you wanna think
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:03 Tue 13 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
helitrope your right as that happened to a guy and he is in guiness world records with highest break.... a 155
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:14 Wed 14 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Highest Snooker Break
Tony Drago (b. September 22, 1965) made a break of 149 in a witnessed practice frame at West Norwood, Greater London, on February 1, 1995. The break involved a free ball, which therefore created an “extra” red.

That was from http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=44453

But it doesnt say anything about a 155?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:37 Wed 14 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
155 is just what can be achieved if you pot a 16th red and black, Drago obviously took less than 16 blacks in the following break.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:32 Wed 14 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
at least i never need to worry about gettin a 155 break my highest is only 30 :-P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:59 Wed 14 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
helitrope the freeball point only counts as one!!

even if the ball potted is the black still only counts as one!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:28 Thu 15 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
John man, this could go on for a while, but when a free ball is called with the reds on the table, that free ball countsd as a red, and therefore a colour can be potted afterwards in the normal manor, in other words, pot the yellow, or black, its just a red, but the next ball is a colour then on to the rest of the 15 reds left, 155.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:30 Thu 15 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
john gunna have 2 agree wiv helitrope on this 1 the max break is a 155 but there has been no one in the history of the game that has ever got it, thats y they say that the highest break in snooker is a 147 even though technically it isnt.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:59 Thu 15 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think this convo could go on for years people!
world records are not an everyday thing, if evryone has there own thoughts on it, the best thing to do is leave it at that! this forum is ment to be about "how did you come up with your name" lol, and we are having an argument about snooker breaks!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:07 Thu 15 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i come up with my name coz i support liverpool fort i wud post on the actual forum title
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:45 Fri 16 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
im not gonna mention why im named 147 - it would cause another bother again! lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:35 Mon 19 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol thats a sshame m8 :D :P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:12 Thu 22 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hoperlicious:

My names Adam Hope, my nicknames Hopey...

And why not hoperlicious :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:36 Fri 6 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
i pot all the balls why not pot_all ;-) although somedays i think it shud be miss_all
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

how did you come up with your name

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.