League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15657
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:08 Thu 22 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
In the first season limit the competition to players who played for the duration or majority of the previous clan league (by discretion of runners) and after that use the feeder division system
msl
msl
01:10 Thu 22 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Would the Arc/Orig Individual Leagues only be for clan players? If it was open to all it could encourage more players to join clans
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:12 Thu 22 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I'm not sure, I'm just putting forward suggestions here
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:16 Thu 22 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i would join the Orig one for sure but didn't play this season due to net issues
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:39 Thu 22 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
How about putting it to a vote? Get a consensus on what people's preference is and also see how many people would actually join. That way you get a feel for the number of divisions required and how many per division.

My advice would be start small and expand.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:14 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i would join the Orig one for sure but didn't play this season due to net issues

Well obviously that's where runners discretion comes in. It wouldn't be a black and white case for everybody. Just like you may get some inherently unreliable players who did participate in the previous season.

That way you could potentially let any extenuating circumstances in, such as the people who don't play clans.

Edited at 14:19 Fri 23/05/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:21 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
How about putting it to a vote? Get a consensus on what people's preference is and also see how many people would actually join. That way you get a feel for the number of divisions required and how many per division.

My advice would be start small and expand.

Definitely the way to go, although I feel the Prem, 1, 2 format for divisions is the best way to go. With a feeder division you make the top two divisions more stable with only the players who have proven themselves (reliability wise) making it through the feeder division. Obviously you'd have some difficulties in the first season but that's why I suggested first season goes on Golden Cue rankings and only let players who have played in the previous season (or by discretion) into the top two divisions. Then after that let the leagues sort themselves out with people moving up/down.

There are only around ~80 active clan players over here anyway so I can't see more than 3 divisions being doable.

The format would still need to be decided. It depends on whether the Individuals & Players Champ continue next season.

I'm leaning towards either a mixed league or a league of one pure type (probably Arcade) simply so that only one or so fixtures are added to participants schedules.

Edited at 14:26 Fri 23/05/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:13 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That way you get a feel for the number of divisions required and how many per division.

although I feel the Prem, 1, 2 format for divisions is the best way to go. With a feeder division you make the top two divisions more stable with only the players who have proven themselves (reliability wise) making it through the feeder division. Obviously you'd have some difficulties in the first season but that's why I suggested first season goes on Golden Cue rankings and only let players who have played in the previous season (or by discretion) into the top two divisions. Then after that let the leagues sort themselves out with people moving up/down.
Completely agree on that point. What I meant though in terms of divisions is that say you only had 10 players who were interested, then you would just have two divisions of 5. Perhaps 25 were interested, you would have 3 divisions of 11/12/12 or whatever it is.

Perhaps as a solution to the drop-outs, you have a pool of reserves. Example, I am on, 10 points and decide for whatever reason that I dont want to play anymore. You are a reserve, you take my place and my current points as if i didnt leave.
However, if I am in the top division, the leader (person with most points) of the two lower divisions takes my place and a reserve starts in lower division to ensure reliability and that a reserve doesnt jump straight in and people feel cheated

Edited at 15:17 Fri 23/05/14 (BST)
acepotter25
acepotter25
19:43 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I would defo agree to the prem, 1 , 2 division format being in place, but... maybe trial it for one season and base its future on the outcome of the trial season... it may work for some but not others.

I would give the thumbs up to that

maybe 3 divisions of 20 players and some reserves?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:17 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i don't think 60 players will join if im honest as in most events players struggle to get even 32 players. In League terms i think around 40 would be the target.

I would trial it and i would do 2 or 3 divisions depending on the entries but entries would be different each season anyway.

If its just Arcade though im not sure if i would join as i rarely enjoy playing it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:23 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Sadly you wont get many entrants unless its Arcade in my opinion.
msl
msl
20:36 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think linking it to the main clan league somehow would be the best way to make it seem official and encourage people to join and not drop out

Perhaps the position you finish in the divisions at the end of the 'season' determines how many bonus points you earn for your clan. This would still allow for individual players to see how well they can do on their own in the divisions, while also having that extra motivation of helping your team mates
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:57 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Aren't fixture suspensions given for players who have too many defaults? Dropping out of an entire competition could be punished by an automatic one fixture ban.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:04 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Aren't fixture suspensions given for players who have too many defaults? Dropping out of an entire competition could be punished by an automatic one fixture ban.

Yes but Individual competitions are separate if the runners wanted if someone left without a valid reason then they could get a Season Ban from that particular competition (except Players Championship of course which is optional).

Leaving Individual Leagues shouldn't have any League punishments.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:05 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think linking it to the main clan league somehow would be the best way to make it seem official and encourage people to join and not drop out

Perhaps the position you finish in the divisions at the end of the 'season' determines how many bonus points you earn for your clan. This would still allow for individual players to see how well they can do on their own in the divisions, while also having that extra motivation of helping your team mates

That would ruin the main league in my view. An Individual League shouldn't tie into the Clan League as its a side competition.

Season Bans for that event could be the way to go or whatever suitable punishments the runner decides.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:08 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The clan league as we know it will be a completely separate event, so no bonus points from this.
But we could do defaults here as usual that would feed into the existing default tally system. Could work.

Also, if you dont get at least 20-30 players, this may not be worth it... No point for prior vote though- the people who would actually vote have posted here already
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
00:35 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I still prefer a clan team based league based on arc or orig for example..but not a mixed event, however I would join both an orig or arcade based individual league.

I think leagues for sure prem, div 1 and 2 even if its 8 per league only needing 24 people.

make it 4 or 6 frames so you can have a draw..football style points...3 for the win 1 for a draw.

No bonus for cents or halves as this gives lesser players a chance against better players...for example Seb wins 4-2 with 3 cents and a half while a.n.other gets a 4-2 no cents ..could be say 7 points behind already...

make it just about the frames and wins or draws...only frame difference to decide if points are equal.

playoffs could be good too as it will keep interest alive for 3 rd and 4th in lower leagues.

Also a random draw to start so it takes 2 seasons to get maybe where you think you should be..

all good stuff

Also I see no need to exclude non clan players either..it may , as someone said , encourage more to join clans.

Edited at 21:38 Fri 23/05/14 (BST)

Edited at 21:39 Fri 23/05/14 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:23 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
^how do you tackle the problem which doomed most attempts to set up indiv leagues- people quitting midway?
That would be one reason to exclude non-clan players- those tend to drop out more easily. If players from the clan league are playing, we could at least punish them using the existing default system ( at least that was one idea).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:47 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
There's nothing stopping you using the current system. Tell everybody that joins if they drop out, they get a fixture suspension in clan league. And then replace them with my reserve pool idea from earlier.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:20 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well it wouldn't be a blanket system of letting everybody in. If the runners had to make the decision on all entrants (including those in a clan) for reliability that could work better. I can think of a few examples of players in clans who are inherently unreliable. We could even work it the way the current league ultimately decides entrants, establish a league panel of 5 people and then everyone votes on who should be allowed in (purely to decide reliability).

The only issue I see with precisions' idea is that the player at the top of the division at a certain stage may not be the eventual winner. So if someone in the league above drops out and you replace them with the guy below who is top, you may be putting the wrong player up.

Defaults could feed into the current system. But I like the idea of sticking too longer fixture sets (which will obviously depend on the entrants).

The biggest thing to discuss is still the format. Just to keep people in the loop, myself and msl have started talking to try and form a proposal (if anyone else is interested coming on board, let us know).
Pages: 15657
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.