Laggs, i'm dam sick of 'em already

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:27 Fri 21 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought the lagg problem was solved??

Obviously not, as i'm lagging none stop and the 'hold shot' thingy you mentioned never ever ever ever does anything to stop the laggs.

Its getting annoying, work hard to snooker a good player, finally get back into the game, then lagg on an easy pink.

Sort it out man! ruining the game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:35 Fri 21 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
ive never laged yet on this game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Fri 21 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i do alot!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:08 Sat 22 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
ive had one or to lags but i sont see it as a major problem. but lars its not really affecting your ranking or high breaks, uve got amazingly high on both

Edited at 09:09 Sat 22/10/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:54 Sat 22 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I play for record. And without laggs i wouldn;t have lost this many and my high break would be doubles what it is now.

These laggs been doing my head in ever since poolgame.
macbeth
macbeth
20:15 Sat 22 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
It's called lag for a reason.. just get more RAM or don't shoot when the banner's loading.
hi_ppl
hi_ppl
04:34 Sun 23 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
who leggs
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:56 Mon 24 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
To be honest, i dont suffer badly with this problem though the lag prevention 'shot retake' option has never come up and i have lagged a few times.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:30 Tue 25 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
ive only had it a couple of times.

just as i'm stroking forward to hit the ball ill get a lag spike and it messes things up.

however. It kinda simulates 'kicks' in real life snooker, which equally mess up a break, so i dont mind em too much.
nick
nick
Admin
04:52 Wed 26 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Actually it's a difficult problem for me to solve.

Basically what we call lag is when the computer is busy and is unable to detect the mouse motion event correctly, causing too little power to be read, causing the shot to be too weak.

The fix that went in takes a look at the power read, and if the power is less than a {predertermined value which is not possible to achieve unless the computer is busy} it will not play the shot.

No message is given to the user any more (in the beta version there was a message saying lag prevention occurred).

So the fix only solves the lags that caused the ball to hardly move (please note I never said lags were fixed - only that it is fixed in some cases)

It *may* be possible for a nicer solution. Java applets have some limitations around this area though.

It's one of the top problems on my defect list anyhow!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:04 Thu 27 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, im getting sick of them too. Could of had some pretty high breaks, from how the balls were set out, i've yet to get a break on the top scores thing, yet.

I hope you find a way of solving the problem nick, im sure you will. =)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:48 Wed 2 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
"nick - Admin
(77 posts) 09:52 Wed 26/10/05 (BST)

Actually it's a difficult problem for me to solve.

Basically what we call lag is when the computer is busy and is unable to detect the mouse motion event correctly, causing too little power to be read, causing the shot to be too weak.

The fix that went in takes a look at the power read, and if the power is less than a {predertermined value which is not possible to achieve unless the computer is busy} it will not play the shot.

No message is given to the user any more (in the beta version there was a message saying lag prevention occurred)."

Got it in one ;-) I have decided that I ain't playing on this, because:
1. Am rubbish and 2. Funkypool will always be the best!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:41 Wed 2 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
and 3 ur always been a poster. tommy da biz as coom back to flood the threads lol .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:09 Thu 3 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haha. Poster and proud!

I used to flood (haha) but I would say you were a bit worse.

But, as I said in the funkypool forums, I only post things of use now.

Laterz
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:45 Thu 3 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
: )
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Laggs, i'm dam sick of 'em already

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.