are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Challenges on the practice table

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:57 Mon 29 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Here's some practice routines I have fun with on the practice table. I'm sharing these here just in case someone wants to take a challenge!

1. How fast can you pot all the 10 reds in arcade from reds only -layout? My record is ~45sec. Under 1 min is ok, I reach it perhaps once in four attempts. It requires potting on the first shot. > 1:30 is bad. You are allowed to pot more than one red in one shot and also to pot white. I sometimes pot white on purpose in order to get to better positions to hit some reds. Time starts when the balls are racked and you start aiming the first shot. Time stops after the last red is potted and white stops moving (or gets potted) and the balls are reracked.

2. Can you pot all color balls in order in 6 shots from the default arcade REDS+colors -layout? I succeed in this in about 5% of attempts. No fouls accepted here, meaning potting or hitting first some other ball than the target ball (of course funky snooker reports fouls all the time here since it does not know the rules of this game). Yellow and pink make this difficult. My strategy involves potting yellow and pink with bank shots to the middle pocket.

... and the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE (really hard):

3. Start from the arcade all-balls-lined-up-horizontally-randomly -layout. Try to pot everything in 16 shots: first 10 reds, then all 6 colors. With each shot you must pot the "target ball" and NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER BALLS. This is difficult!! I managed to do it after over 150 attempts.
adam_147
adam_147
21:04 Mon 29 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I have a harder one that I havn't managed yet...

Hit a 147 in line-up practice mode in orig, without the cue ball crossing the line at any point and without touching another ball with it. I've been as far as the green and missed it! very easy to start with but once you get to the last 2 or 3 reds it starts to become hard!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:20 Mon 29 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I got a even harder one.

Pot all reds off break off
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:53 Tue 30 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
- try for a max from breakoff
- try for max with free ball

my favourite is aim for one colour until you miss then move on without resetting the table. only problem is yellow would stay in pocket
baff
baff
Admin
18:20 Sun 5 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Hit a 147 in line-up practice mode in orig, without the cue ball crossing the line at any point and without touching another ball with it. I've been as far as the green and missed it! very easy to start with but once you get to the last 2 or 3 reds it starts to become hard!

I just did this one on the reg table, without crossing the line or touching another ball
adam_147
adam_147
18:27 Sun 5 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  

I just did this one on the reg table, without crossing the line or touching another ball

Nice!!! Just do it on orig now .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:19 Sun 5 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I did it in orig before wasnt that bad, probably done it about 6 times, it's how i used to practice, i dont play much anymore.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Challenges on the practice table

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.