are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Opponent left during break

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:04 Wed 30 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i was on a 64 break when my opponent, martin, left the game and i didnt get my highest break etc etc. but the points were added to my score so it was registering my break.

surely you must be able to make summit where if this situation happens, you still get your break.

edit: this happened on my 'eel' username not the one im posting in.

mention it if youve had this done...

Edited at 16:06 Wed 30/11/05 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:25 Wed 30 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think this has happened to most of the regular players at one time or another eel. It is very annoying I agree, but Nick is just one man. I know he is aware of the problem and it is on his extensive 'to-do' list. I have been told that the problem is not as easy to fix as you might think, so I'm afraid it is probably just going to be a question of patience.
nick
nick
Admin
02:51 Thu 1 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
I should be able to do a quick fix so the current break score is sent if opponent leaves, however your break would still be cut short.

I will look into it now.
nick
nick
Admin
05:55 Sun 4 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
The code has been updated so that if your opponent leaves you are credited with your current break score.

However, your break will be over at that point.

This will be fully fixed when the remaining snooker rules are implemented (eg miss and colour nomination etc) in around 3 months time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:14 Mon 5 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
cheers nick
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:46 Tue 6 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
is it possible/ a good idea if

you could make it so that if you are on a break over 30 the opponent cant leave the room until you have finished the break.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:37 Tue 6 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
the only prblem wiv that m8 is if ya really need 2 go 4 some reason and ya cant leave till the break is over then that culd cause sme problems.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:39 Tue 6 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
tough sh*t i say.. they could always leave the comp on and funky running if they really need to go.

however , you cant stop someone closing the browser down.
nick
nick
Admin
08:49 Wed 7 Dec 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yep, by "fully fixed" above it meant that your break will continue after your opponent has left, until your break, errr, breaks down.

Ideally you opponents will be able to watch this too.

However as donquixote said above it's a big change.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:55 Mon 2 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
when will this apply? i mean what break do you have to be on?

reply to deleted user: if they need to go they could click the rred cross as usual and it logs them out after the break. thats what i would do.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Opponent left during break

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.