are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Any other team can talk about all their trophies:

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:42 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Liverpool fans, who're always talking about past glory say they've won 5 European cups.
United fans talk about all the titles they've won in the last decade.
Madrid and Milan say they're the greatest European sides (rightly so).

You can ask this question to nearly any fan who supports a team in a decent league across the globe:

"Has your team gone 49 games unbeaten?"

And the answer will most probably be No.

Unmatchable.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:02 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
liverpool went 69 home games unbeaten top that! and also liverpool are the most decorated team in the history of english football (especially at christmas lol)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:16 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
49 games unbeaten home and away in the modern game. Thats not matchable.

Besides aren't Chelse like 60 games unbeaten at home now? Your 'record' isnt going to last much longer.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:17 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah but they dont count they bought that record we did it with 12 men in a team!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:33 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
2good said:
yeah but they dont count they bought that record we did it with 12 men in a team!

LOL yeh, they've bought every single trophy.

They were 43 games unbeaten in 05/06 but thankfully United beat them. Would've been so harsh if they'd bought that particular record.
cuchulain
cuchulain
05:41 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry but you dont get silverware and medals for this record. Although impressive and unmatched I think Arsenal would really swap this "record" for a Premiership or European Cup medal. And there is no disputing that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:32 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
2good said:

Slightly confused. 12 ???
toontomh
toontomh
11:54 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmmm...You go into the thread talking about other teams trophies which they actually have something to show for.

Then because Arsenal havn't won anything in a while you go into a record, which they don't get a trophy or medal for.

Trophies are what people play for, yes records are a nice thing to have. But when someone goes to a club they don't think: "I want to break the longest unbeaten record with this club"...They think: "I want to win the Champions League (Or whatever trophy) with this club."

Oh, and you might turn around and say "You can talk, you support Newcastle". But I'm not going on about records and how we are better than teams that have won trophies...

P.S. (I know I've said about records not meaning much, but here's one):

Of the top 10 highest ever Premiership scorers, 4 have played for Newcastle in their Premiership career, higher than any other team!

Edited at 17:34 Mon 25/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:16 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree tom but i cant help wonder what newcastle players thought when they joined ure club lol
toontomh
toontomh
12:32 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
If only I knew! It's amazing how we can get such good players, yet they can't do anything when they're wearing Black and White!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:43 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
gooner_49 said:
49 games unbeaten home and away in the modern game. Thats not matchable.

Besides aren't Chelse like 60 games unbeaten at home now? Your 'record' isnt going to last much longer.

49 games unbeaten yes, but, what exactly did it win you?... one premiership trophie, i would understand if it got you something , but it's nothing to boast...and of course... man u broke your 'record'
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:35 Thu 5 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
tpc said:
2good said:

Slightly confused. 12 ???

as in a squad of 12 players back in the day where u were only aloud 1 sub
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Any other team can talk about all their trophies:

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.