are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Would Liverpool fans take back owen?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:21 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Would the fans accept him back or label him as a traitor?

I know lots of Arsenal fans who just wouldnt be able to accept Anelka as a footballer because he's greedy and handed us a transfer request last time to go to Madrid.

Edited by forum moderator fastboysam, at 02:13 Mon 25/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:19 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
careful with the language bud but i think i might let him back as he is when fit the best striker in england (better than rooney) as hes a goal poacher and goals are everything. Alll we need now is to bring back heskey and we'll be sorted lol!
fastboysam
fastboysam
Admin
21:15 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
gooner, this is the second time ive had to edit your posts. please be careful with the language.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:29 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
2good said:
careful with the language bud but i think i might let him back as he is when fit the best striker in england (better than rooney) as hes a goal poacher and goals are everything. Alll we need now is to bring back heskey and we'll be sorted lol!

Yeh, but would he get booed, at least at the start? He said he left liverpool so he could win the CL?

fastboysam said:
gooner, this is the second time ive had to edit your posts. please be careful with the language.

lol apologies mate
toontomh
toontomh
11:45 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
You're all saying this like Liverpool want him back. Apparently Benitez has said he doesn't want Owen back.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:20 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
yes and he said the same last year and the only reason he missed out on him was because Real wanted double than what we sold him for. And only newcastle were desperate and stupid enough to pay that much. If you remember it was souness's last gasp attempt to keep his job!
fastboysam
fastboysam
Admin
20:49 Mon 25 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Not many players have gone back to a club after leaving and been successful again. I think owen would be better off staying at newcastle and showing a bit of form before looking to move again. Would liverpool fans take him back? Probably, because he's a big game player but i think there are more negatives than positives at the mo!
begger
begger
Admin
02:35 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
As a liverpool fan i think it would be bad buisness to have him back lol not to sure if he is still injury free and with the money that liverpool have i think we can buy a lot better then owen i think torres is coming to us!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:53 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
im sure the fans wouldnt mind if he started banging in goals on a regular basis!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:07 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
well take fowler we took him back why not owen.. but tbh i think owen is far to injury prone and to 2good... HESKEY are you insane he is no more! he used to be good... not now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:08 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Whats that heskey used to be good - no way hes always been a donkey. I was joking! no way shoukd we have heskey back and we wont!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:04 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
How long you been a liverpool fan? If you knew anything you would know heskey was one of your best strikers not long ago, scored 20 goals in a season didn't he, more than crouch, kuyt, bellamy, ciise, moorientes....etc
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
He was a big donkey ive been a liverpool fan for 10 years and he fell over all the time. People used to say he set owen up but his goals per game ratio was god awful!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:29 Tue 26 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
would i take owen back....

NO NO NO for the following reasons

1.the way he has treated newcastle is DISGRACEFUL
2.hes not the player we need a player he will probably never be as good as he was (because of injury)
3.im quite happy with the strikers we have CROUCHY.KUYT,VORONIN and judging on everything TORRES the others look on there way out.
4.so who needs MICHEAL OWEN
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:48 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
force_1 said:
1.the way he has treated newcastle is DISGRACEFUL

How has he treated Newcastle, he was injured not really done anything wrong has he?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:18 Wed 27 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
correct he has been injured BUT

1.have you really ever heard him say "i want to get back playing for newcastle"NO all you heard him say was "im really looking forward to getting back in the england set up"
2.Real Madrid didnt want him so newcastle were the only team to willing to give him a chance and now hes fit again he wants to leave ? some player
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Thu 28 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
he'll score more than torres and will cost less plus hes english and i like to see english players play in england and more importantly liverpool!
cuchulain
cuchulain
07:26 Sat 30 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Gerrard, Carragher and the two Americans want him but Benitez doesnt. Id be very very surprised if Liverpool will buy him back, especially since the Torres deal looks like a done deal.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Would Liverpool fans take back owen?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.