are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Tournaments...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:03 Tue 3 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry to pester about the tournament thing, i know there has been many threads on this! But as there was a test tourney yesterday, did it go well and if so when will they be starting properly?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:01 Tue 3 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
yesterday was the first test tournament and we are still in discussions about the best way to progress.

Initial evaluation is this...

The tournament itself went without a hitch so from that perspective it is fine.

The problems we are looking into is the matter of timescales for tournaments.

Last night we had a small tournament of:
20 players
1 frame matches
900 second time limit for each game

this took 1 hour and 30 minutes till completion, which is not a bad length for a tournament. However 1 frame matches and limiting players to 20 isnt ideal and and if we up those figures to say even race to 2 frames per round, then tournaments are going to be lasting up to the 3-4 hour mark, which is unrealistic.

As i say we dont know how we are going to progress yet, but everyone will be notified and kept up to date once we have an idea.

Cheers, Phase
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:10 Tue 3 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well is there anyway of having a 6ball tourney so then that will half the time?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:12 Tue 3 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Plus youve made a good point about the playing time, i now understand its not a 5min job to get the tourneys underway!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:29 Tue 3 Jan 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think the test tourny was a good job, apart from the fact that i got knocked out in the first round. I think because of the time scale, tournys should be limited to 32 ppl, which would make the tournys around the two hour mark, which is reasonable. I also think that the semi-finals and the finals should be best of two frames, and the prelims should be one frame, with the time limit for each round being 20 minutes, it takes the pressure of.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Tournaments...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.