are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

davis leaves derby

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

golden_cue
golden_cue
09:08 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Derby manager Billy Davies has left the Premier League strugglers after talks with chairman Adam Pearson.

The club are two points adrift at the foot of the table following a 2-0 defeat by Chelsea on Saturday.

"We have decided mutually in the best interest of both parties that to go our separate ways is the correct decision at this time," said Pearson.

Academy boss Kevin Thelwell takes charge for Saturday's match with fellow relegation battlers Sunderland.

i dont think getting rid of billy davis will help much

Edited at 15:09 Mon 26/11/07 (GMT)
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
09:38 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am absolutely dismayed at this... and its reported now to have been a sacking ? Well that is ludacris Derby wouldn't be anywhere near the premierleague if it wasn't for him.

And YES they are clearly going to be relagated but he was definately the man to bring them back up.

Also to be honest I never really thought that the Derby board were fully commitable when it came down to transfer funds.

Sad to see him go to be honest
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:24 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Who cares!
golden_cue
golden_cue
11:12 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
drunk_mate said:
Who cares!

your nice rick
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:15 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Who does?

We;ve got Arsene Wenger lalalalalala lalalalala!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:54 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
haha- mclaren for derby
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:51 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Derby? thats an insult for Derby if he goes there! Mclaren should be managing a team like Burton Albion his that useless!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
right... back on topic, terrible decision by Derby this, what is another manager going to do? there is no way that this is going to keep them up, so what is the thinking behind this?
toontomh
toontomh
15:46 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
He gets them into the Premiership but doesn't get much money, what do the board expect? Did a great job with them and it's Derby who will face the consequences.

"Big Sam For Derby"
golden_cue
golden_cue
17:08 Mon 26 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
theres loads of manager changes in the premiership this season and we ant even half way through the season yet
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:26 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
well i take it all back, yo cant ask for a better manager than Paul Jewel for getting the best out of the players. I think Derby need to spend a few notes then they did pre season, and they might even stay up, YOU NEVER KNOW.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:54 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
paul jewell aint keepin derby up.

david blaine couldnt keep derby in the premier league
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:06 Wed 28 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lmao made me laugh that, if Derby can stay Jewell is the man to do it.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

davis leaves derby

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.