Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:57 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
ul_son said:
2good said:
3) The English fans were amazing all the way through and even when he lost they were still behind him all the way.

Are you serious?

I wouldnt consider any "fans" that boo and jeer another country's national anthem as amazing. I thought it was disgusting, especially as the fight was in the states aswell.

All Hatton had were drunken yobs that were a disgrace to anything English..

I was so disappointed for Hatton last night, he is still champ in my eyes!

Edited at 12:01 Sun 9/12/07 (GMT)

well i thought they wereimmense and they applauded mayweather after the fight, i think it was banter matey. This happens week in week out in football,rugby (well rugby league anyway) and it is all meant in good spirits, and so what if they got drunk? I did as well
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
10:01 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lets be honest Hatton got owned. But netherless he kept battling and battling like great fighters do.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:12 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
to me he was winning until about the 6th round then maywether came into it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:46 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
He should of won that fight!, It was a fix, All the judges were american, The referee was american and guess what, Mayweather is american!!!, It's wrong i don't think americans or english should of been allowed to of refereed that.

I honestly thought that Hatton would of KO'd mayweather in the first 5 rounds if it wasn't for the biast referee, Everytime hatton had a clear chance of landing his body shot's or getting close (Ricky's style of fighting) the referee interfered!.

The point deduction was a disgrace!, Hatton threw a puch at mayweather but he turned his back on hatton (against boxing rules) yet Ricky 'the hitman' Hatton was penalised for it?. I think there should be a rematch in Manchester and see how Mayweather copes with the pressure on Ricky's home turf .

I will be honest here (as much as i hate the bloke) Mayweather was outstanding, I know Hatton was but Mayweather kept his cool unlike Hatton unfortunately, Hatton just wasn't fighting his usual fight last night, He was to focused on knockig him out which i feel reuined his performance, Unlike mayweather who timed his punches, So basically all i can say is well played Mayweather just try your luck in the UK next time lad!, Also Hatton has promised to keep on fighting which is a good sign as i thought that he would retire if he lost last night, Next fight i think will either be Junior Witter or Ricardo Torres.

Haha see if Joe Calzaghe can beat Mayweather (i know it won't happen because of the weight divisions before anyone say's ), Would be good to see though because Calzaghe would trounce Mayweather then we can see if he really is the best pound-4-pound fighter, Just gain two stone and you'll be ok

Edited at 18:50 Sun 9/12/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:50 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i wanna see a rematch but have it over here so then its fairer to hatton but have judges and ref from a different country

Edited at 18:51 Sun 9/12/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:13 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
we can do the traditional english thing and blame the ref but id like to say that the ref didnt help ricky but maywether simply outclassed him and with or without the ref interfering mayweather was the better boxer on the day.

Hasnt mayweather said hes retiring to be a promoter?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nah, It shouldn't of even got to the stage where floyd started to dominate, Hatton clearly had him wobbled, As you could see in round 4 he had a spell where the ref let me at it and what happened?, Hatton put him on the ropes.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:13 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was just on Mayweather's wikipedia page... and it said in every place that stated the fight; Mayweather LOST to Hatton.

So of course... i had to edit it to state the facts. It was hard to do as i wanted Hatton to win.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:07 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hatton sure got his butt handed to him
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:43 Sun 9 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think Ricky will be 1st to admit he wasnt at his best and that mayweather deserved it, also a big shout to calzaghe for winning sports perspnality of the year and for Ricky for coming 3rd!!!.

Edited by forum moderator 2good, at 22:14 Mon 10/12/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:10 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hatton came thired actually, But yeah Hatton was poor on the night but he didn't have the chance to prove himself, One because Mayweather was placing his shot's to perfection, But also the referee was in his face all the time.

I just hope that Mayweather doesn't retire so that Ricky can have a re-match, I think Mayweather will accept if Hatton ask's because he is a top fighter i admit, He's just to arrogant for my liking, His fighting ability is spot on, His attitude is annoying! lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:16 Mon 10 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ricky will drop down to his natural weight now i think, so a rematch is out of the qestion, he had 1 shot and he blew it, move on and get his rightful belt back in his weight.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:26 Tue 11 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'd love to see a re-match though over here!

Just maybe one day it'll happen again!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:50 Sat 22 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
god damm rocket, typical english. lets blame the ref. ive been watching boxing my whole life and i, and anyone else who knows anything about boxing, knows that mayweather is twice the boxer hatton could ever be. dont get me wrong i wanted hatton to win but i bet with my head not my heart and thats why i made a load off mayweather winning. obviously u know nothing about boxing because u thought hatton actually had any edge over mayweather in th early rounds (i guess thats y he had points deducted for punching to the back of the head, sounds like a real winner there)so stop crying about ur boy losing and accept the fact that floyd mayweather is the greatest pound for pound fighter since sugar ray robinson and has safely secured himself as the best fighter in the world today.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Hatton Vs Very Big Mouth

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.