are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Fabio Capello...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

virtuoso107
virtuoso107
06:51 Thu 13 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fabio Capello will be appointed the next manager of England later on Thursday, BBC Sport understands.
BBC sports editor Mihir Bose says the Italian has been offered a contract to 2010 worth £4m a year, with the option to extend it after the World Cup.

Thoughts on this ?
toontomh
toontomh
06:53 Thu 13 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
As long as McLaren's gone then it could only really improve! Mind you, would personally have prefered an English manager to go with an English team... Having said that, there don't seem to be many English managers around worthy of the job
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:32 Thu 13 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with Tom!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:42 Thu 13 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
He can't even speak english lol, he reminds me of Sven,won loads of trophies at club level but not cut out to be a top international manager. Time will tell i suppose.
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
08:49 Thu 13 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
rob_m said:
He can't even speak english lol, he reminds me of Sven,won loads of trophies at club level but not cut out to be a top international manager. Time will tell i suppose.

Two quarter finals ? Not cut out for the job!? Sven was sacked due to the fact the FA didn't like the way he conducted his life outside of football. I've always been a big fan of Sven. And as for Capello Im quite happy with him at the helm hes the sort of manager who isn't afraid to drop big name players if they are not performing, and he will also admit when he is wrong look at beckham for exapmle.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:29 Thu 13 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think he will be a very good appointment to be honest, he can handle big egos and has all the experience in the world.

lets hope he proves to be the right man for the job
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:09 Fri 14 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Was Sven not Englands most successful manager?...
revenge
revenge
Admin
19:39 Fri 14 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
What exactly did he achieve?
toontomh
toontomh
05:31 Sat 15 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry, but how can England have a manager that can't speak English? In my opinion, it's bad enough having a national team managed by a foreigner, nevermind when this foreigner can't even speak the language of the country he is managing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:29 Sat 15 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
toontomh said:
Sorry, but how can England have a manager that can't speak English? In my opinion, it's bad enough having a national team managed by a foreigner, nevermind when this foreigner can't even speak the language of the country he is managing.

Exactly, could you imagine an Englih coach, coaching Italy? To me appointing foreign managers for the English job shows that we either have a lack of trust in our countrymen or our countrymen just arn't up to it.

And again how many British managers do we have managing in foreign leagues, all i can think of is Chris Coleman and hes not english and is coaching in the second tear of spanish football. Redknapp was the man for me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:21 Sat 15 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have to agree with ya both Mike and Tom!

England manager should be English! Isn't that the point of Internationals! I just don't get it!

Just how the hell are you meant to communicate with the players and back-room staff eh?

Something should be sorted out! as you can see the last non-english manager got no where! I honestly think this affair wth Capello is going the same way!

Edited at 17:47 Sat 15/12/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Sat 15 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think he will do great but i still think jose should have taken it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:08 Mon 17 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
he aint English either... Redknapp should been the man!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:18 Mon 17 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
You see what he said to Sky Sports News today!

Within a month his going to be speaking proper english!!!

Dont think so!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:36 Mon 17 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol hed best get to it fast then...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:55 Mon 17 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
he rekons he'll win the world cup lol

well he might just not with england
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:03 Mon 17 Dec 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
to be fair peopl uve got to think about what this man has achieved, hes managed some of the best teams in the world, won the champions league and countless domestic titles, and then people are saying we should have redknapp, curbishley, pearce, etc, what have they achieved, frankly nothing. im in agreement the rule should be all international teams should have all their staff from that country, but this isnt the rule therefore we should choose the best man for the job. Mclaren was english, had achieved absolutely nothing and was an absolute shambles, at least we may achieve something with capello!!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Fabio Capello...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.