The Fa Cup!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
cuchulain
cuchulain
14:32 Thu 17 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'll have to back Tom on this (even though this is going off-topic). I cant see any issue booing a team if they arent putting in 100%, nothing pains me more than people shirking tackles or prancing around the pitch like primadonnas.

Bottom line is that Sam and his players were loosely being paid to do their job by the fans who pay to watch them play every week. Why pay money for something that looks bad.

I know I wouldnt have it. Its like every time Rafa picks a stupid team or Kuyt misses another sitter or Kewell goes off injured again, then I would let my feelings known. Its a fans right.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:13 Thu 17 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
hehe i hate booing, liverpool fans are probably the worst fans when it comes to the Prem, they sit their silent unless we're winning get the mick taken out of us for doing so. The Kop is awsome european nights, absolutelty rubbish prem games why is that?? The prem is our priority right?? We're going way way off topic here but maybe if fans were better then the players would play better. We need the Kop to rise again to how it once was because quite frankly we as liverpool fans are a let down and quite frankly embarass ourselves!!

These are very strong views i know but i went Liverpool Marsaille game and the atmosphere was like a funeral! Sebastian Leto was making his debut that night and had a poor game and fans jeered when he went off.... NOT ON! especially considering how poor the fans were (and this WAS in the champions league)

Stop booooing please!!

Another example is when Scotttr Carson was booed for his performance for England... why oh why??

Edited at 21:19 Thu 17/01/08 (GMT)
toontomh
toontomh
10:07 Fri 18 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
One thing I can't stand is when any player is booed by his own fans... I will never join in with that.

On your comment about better fans better players, I think it may be the other way round, when players go all out the fans get right behind them, this showed on Wednesday, yes Keegan helped, but the way the team played, the fans got right behind the players.

Like Anfield, St. James' has got worse since I started going, the atmosphere was amazing when I first went, but over the past few years it's getting worse... There is even a banner and a group set up to 'Bring Back The Noise' (What the banner says) to St. James'

cuchulain said:
Bottom line is that Sam and his players were loosely being paid to do their job by the fans who pay to watch them play every week. Why pay money for something that looks bad.

Precisely, this is my 6th season with a season ticket, and up until wednesday, it was the worst football I'd seen us play.
toontomh
toontomh
10:08 Fri 18 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Contined

The difference showed on Wednesday, a team without Allardyce, I can't remember the ball being smacked up field for someone to chase once in that whole game, the ball was on the floor which worked so much better than the way we were playing with Fat Sam.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Fa Cup!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.