Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:24 Sun 13 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
virtuoso107 said:
bowinkle said:
is that just your opinion, i know loads of newcastle fans and they all said he needed more time and would have turned things around for you.

You know it must be bad at a club for them to be asking for martin jol!

Si!! Thats a terrible comment Spurs would not be what they are now if it wasn't for him... sure they had a bad start but loook what he did for the club!

Did very well in euro very well in prem and a bad start after 10-12 games and hes gone.

Berbatov know one thought he'd do any good at spurs but Jol did!

And as for it being bad to be wanting Martin Jol at your club wasn't it the spurs fans who had numerous flags campaigning for him NOT to be sacked.

And as for him taking over at newcastle I think he would do a great job.

no 1 can argue with that he has pinned the nail on the donkeys tail there spot on !!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:49 Sun 13 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think spurs fans wanted him to stay because of the way he was being treated (i mean he didnt do nothing to deserve the treatment he got) but if you want succes you need a great manager which i dont think martin jol is and if the players really believed in jol the would have played to save his job which they didnt they were poor very poor.

from all spurs fan base websites

(Best wishes for the future – you will be remembered at White Hart Lane as a gentleman but one who ultimately failed to achieve the success we all desired.)

he spent nearly as much as Chelsea and Man u but our records for clean sheets and away wins was abysmal

with the history behind spurs we should be up there with the best

16 mil darren bent
10 mil berba
10 mil gareth bale
8 mil younes kaboul
8 mil didier zokora
5.2 mil kevin prince boateng
3 mil recardo rocha
3 mil steed malbranq

sorry but in that lot there is 1 good player

and 1 that may be good in the future

he is a great manager if you want a top ten side and he will grind wins but if your looking for more and you want trophies hes not the man for the job (wigan, bolton i think he would do well with)

you see reports into martin jols training that didnt include FITNESS

dont get me wrong he gave us an attacking team that any manager would be proud of but to leak so many goals at the back is just embarrassing,

he has no balance to his tactics with right footed players playing on the left and an all out attacking midfield leaving the back 4 vunerable

our records against top 4 teams is discusting and with the money he spent really should have changed that

Edited at 18:56 Sun 13/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Sun 13 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
your still leaking goals lol!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Sun 13 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
we play much better defensively now with ramos than we ever have with jol (spurs v man c for instance) but untill ramos can get new players into the team we still have the same shambles at the back we have had for a while now. but he has stabalized the situation for now and he deserves full credit for that
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
13:41 Sun 13 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
bowinkle said:

with the history behind spurs we should be up there with the best

16 mil darren bent
10 mil berba
10 mil gareth bale
8 mil younes kaboul
8 mil didier zokora
5.2 mil kevin prince boateng
3 mil recardo rocha
3 mil steed malbranqe

sorry but in that lot there is 1 good player

and 1 that may be good in the future

I do agree he did splash out but all great managers do. Jose mourinho £60m for Ballack and Sheva and lets be honest they haven't exactly reached their potential.

The players i have highlighted I think are some of the best players on your team.

Berbatov - Obvious Reasons.
Bale - Still very young gives 110%
Kaboul - Great Defender Still young.
Malbranque - Fantastic player very smart indeed.

Other then that I think your correct in the other players they have been a waste of money but like I said all managers make me mistakes.

Oh and I think this thread has veared off subject a little bit.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:49 Sun 13 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
zakora is a good player so is kevin prince boateng
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:53 Sun 13 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Zakora is good yeah as are the others, but with the little budget arsenal spend (considering their league position and performance) Jol is way behind, most of them players he will sell for less than he bought, but you cant have 20 arsene wengers can you?
toontomh
toontomh
10:09 Mon 14 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Virtuoso107 said:
Oh and I think this thread has veared off

Just as well
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:52 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm a manu fan, don't go over the top about the win, newcastle have no manager and no confidence, weve played better this season. We're only top on goal difference, although I think we'll win the league there's still a long way to go, its not won yet. COME ON UNITED!!!
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

man utd 6 - 0 newcastle

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.