are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Kevin Keegan

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

virtuoso107
virtuoso107
10:37 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Newcastle have confirmed that Kevin Keegan will make a dramatic return to manage the club.
The 56-year-old former Manchester City boss managed the Magpies from 1992 to 1997 and will return to St James' Park as Sam Allardyce's successor.

Gerard Houllier and Didier Deschamps were strongly linked with the position in the last two days but the club unexpectedly turned to Keegan.

Thoughts on this ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:53 Wed 16 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
well i just hope in 2 years time he doesn't say: "im not cut out for this job" as he says that a lot good to see him back in the prem though, toon fans give him timeeeeeeeee!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:16 Thu 17 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well i am thrilled for Newcastle fans and Kevin Keegan also about him taking over a Newcastle manager, the man is a breath of fresh air.

when he was at city he was brilliant and also his style of football is brilliant and entertaining.

i hOope he does gr8 for use so Newcastle fans there will be no 0 - 0 draws or blanks on your score sheets anymore it wil be constant 3 - 2 and 4 - 3 score lines

good times to come for the toooooooooooooon
toontomh
toontomh
10:02 Thu 17 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I certainly hope so Bell_Boy.. !

I'm over the moon with this, the best person we could have appointed, and Mike, the fans will give him time, if the manager deserves respect he will get it, and people wont get on the back of King Kev!

Can't wait for Saturday now!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Fri 18 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Noone likes newcastle... silly toons
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:19 Fri 18 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lyle get to bed..

Your only jealous of em - omg how bad is that jealous of Newcastle!!

Edited at 23:44 Fri 18/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:21 Fri 18 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Grow a beard

Newcastle should be in league 26 as far as I'm concerned.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:26 Fri 18 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
both go to bed

who would have thought it tho? kevin going back to the toon. nice one!
toontomh
toontomh
03:57 Sat 19 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
sean_paul said:
Grow a beard

Newcastle should be in league 26 as far as I'm concerned.

And Sunderland never deserve to be in a higher league than Newcastle, so League 27 for you!

Big first match today... Can't wait!!! Just don't like having to wait around all day for it!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:25 Sat 19 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Awwww don get to excited, but players will want to show him what they can do and the likes of Michael Owen and Joey Barton have got some grovelling to do.
toontomh
toontomh
09:03 Sat 19 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
He's made Owen captain for tonight. Barton should never wear the Newcastle shirt again, I hate him.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:49 Sat 19 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ouch....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:59 Sat 19 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its been a snoring 1st half...
gofton
gofton
07:20 Sun 20 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i supporthartlepool and live there is neer newcastle so i hope toon sort their acts out come on keegan
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:41 Sun 20 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
If newcastle go for a shearer-keegan combo, they've gone with their hearts, not their heads, keegan hasn't managed for 3 years, this is a big test, the fans still think that newcastle is a big top 4 club, even though they've been midtable for ages.

Sorry, but newcastle won't be in the top 4 until they spend some serious cash, and until then the fans should be more realistic about how good their team is!
toontomh
toontomh
11:18 Sun 20 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Another person who thinks he knows what's going through the fans heads. How many fans have you heard saying that we're a top 4 club? 'Cause that's certainly not the impression I get inside St. James' Park, and it's certainly not how I feel. However, I suppose the southern press who know nothing at all about the club must be right when they make stuff up to make us look bad.

We expect to be top half, and challenge for Europe, not Champions League, but European Competition, which is what a team with the players we've got should be doing.

The game yesterday was dull, I know understand why Bolton don't fill their stadium, they play the most boring, ugly football I've seen. From the kick off they were time wasting to get the draw, I couldn't believe it when they were walking to take throw ins, goal kicks and corners from the start.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:47 Sun 20 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tom Tom Tom, thats no excuse, you should be able to break teams like Bolton down at home no matter how they set up, thet arn't gonna hand it to you on a plate.

It wont happen immediatly but its not really money that Newcastle need, its value for money some of your buys haven't been up to it, can keegen buy clever? I dont know, but i know that Harry Redknapp can but he turned the job down.

I hope you can turn it around because you are potentially european standard, the fanbase and money availiable is there, you just need to buy the right players and then the jig saw will be complete, good luck

Edited at 21:48 Sun 20/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:04 Mon 21 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
toontomh said:
Another person who thinks he knows what's going through the fans heads. How many fans have you heard saying that we're a top 4 club? 'Cause that's certainly not the impression I get inside St. James' Park, and it's certainly not how I feel. However, I suppose the southern press who know nothing at all about the club must be right when they make stuff up to make us look bad.

We expect to be top half, and challenge for Europe, not Champions League, but European Competition, which is what a team with the players we've got should be doing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7198746.stm

People coming out saying that doesn't help much Tom

Edited at 13:05 Mon 21/01/08 (GMT)
toontomh
toontomh
10:12 Mon 21 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I saw that, and disagree with him, we aren't going to get there this season. I looked at the 606 thread to go with it and someone had agreed with the guy. Then someone left a comment saying "Don't tarnish us all with the same brush". Basically, we don't all feel the same as those.

Edited at 18:47 Mon 21/01/08 (GMT)
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Kevin Keegan

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.