Over-Time ---- Black Respotted

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

revenge
revenge
Admin
13:19 Fri 14 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Was playing a game the other day and had just enough left to level the scores with my opponent. However once i had potted the black my opponent got the cue for the respot shot, this shouldnt have it because once a game goes into over-time the player who was holding the cue last still has the cue, hope this can be fixed
nick
nick
Admin
05:32 Mon 17 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
4. End of Frame, Game or Match
(a) When only the Black is left, the first score or foul ends the frame excepting only if the following conditions both apply:
(i) the scores are then equal, and
(ii) aggregate scores are not relevant.

(b) When both conditions in (a) above apply
(i) the Black is spotted,
(ii) the players draw lots for choice of playing
(iii) the next player plays from in-hand, and
(iv) the next score or foul ends the frame.

(c) When aggregate scores determine the winner of a game or match, and the aggregate scores are equal at the end of the last frame, the players in that frame shall follow the procedure for a re-spotted Black set out in (b) above.

Currently it's the next player, but ideally it should be a random player.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:14 Mon 17 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
In theory the person who takes the shot when the black is respotted has a disadvantage of being able to pot thee black but also in snooker they toss up for the persons shot but in my opinion the person who has made it possible for a respotted black (revenge in this case) has the option of whether he wants to take the shot or pass it on to his opponent
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Over-Time ---- Black Respotted

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.