are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Prevent Leaving Games

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:57 Wed 26 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Nick, when people leave, when you have a chance of a high break, it's annoying yes, and this has been shown in another thread.

But would be it possible for an opponent being unable to leave of quit the game untill the user has missed a shot?

It could like "lock" the player in the game when a break has exceeded 30, seens as that is the minimum announcement break, and when a player misses, they are then free to leave?

Not sure if you'd be able to code it, but it would be a good addition.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:19 Thu 27 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I kind of agree on that idea. A sure way to prevent users from leaving when the opponent is on a high break.

Somehow only set to register a result when the opponents switch turns. In other words, allow no input from the player (gamewise) until it's their turn or any result output.

It sort of happens on occations anyway. When a player stops responding in the game when its not their turn, the opponent can still grab those extra points before the opponent logs out. Then when your turn has finished all you do is wait for them to log out.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:03 Thu 27 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey,

Firstly i agree that people leaving games whilst mid break is a very bad thing, and it has been discussed previously. I will try to highlight how we see it and hopefully you will understand.

1) It will be sorted, but its just a matter of time, like the full rules too.

2) Previous suggestions of stopping people leaving a game will NOT be implemented.

Firstly its impossible to stop someone doing something on their pc...ie turning off internet, pc or closing the browser and secondly even if that was possible it would be a violation to the user... a website cannot determine what the user chooses to do, it can warn the user but ultimately not control them.

3) The easiest way i see of getting around this problem is that instead of focusing on the user leaving, concentrate on the user who stayed.

To explain...if you're on a break of 47 and your opponent decides to leave for whatever reason (remember some are valid reasons and not out of bad sportsmanship) then your break can continue until you miss. You are then awarded the victory and your break would still stand.

The way i see it, if you're on a break then really your opponent is redundant and should be treated as such.

Anyway thats my opinion and hopefully it will be sorted in the near future.

Phase
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:36 Thu 27 Apr 06 (BST)  [Link]  
grrrr i was just on a 61 on arcade snooker, and this person left and i still had all the colours available, i coulda made a 88. So....OFF!
krauser
krauser
08:24 Mon 1 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats a good idea Phase. At least then you can carry on your break and it will still officially count.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Prevent Leaving Games

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.