Blue screen (BSOD), malware help/advice

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:58 Sun 16 Nov 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just want to get people who know computers extremely well's advice...

earlier i wasn't watching what i was doing and clicked open on what i thought was an mp3 file but was an app...i knew somethin was gonna happen but couldn't get anything done coz i got a bluescreen then...tried to restart...took an hour to get to login screen then i got 5-10 mins before it happened again...tried system restore twice didn't work (if you have malware it usually won't restore,,pointless but yeah)..so another few bluescreens and then i tried system restore from advanced boot options and it worked..set it back to a few days ago...i've now been on for about 15 minutes and everything seems fine...

Just wondered if i can expect more bluescreens or if the problems completely gone or any other advice you havee cheers

_hurricane_
spinner
spinner
Admin
07:33 Mon 17 Nov 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
You could be lucky and system restore has replaced the infected files, in which case you're fine.

I would highly reccomend visiting microsoft update to make sure everything is up to date again though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:13 Mon 17 Nov 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
^^^ yeah everythings up to date and seems fine ran a scan with mcafee and nothin serious so yay
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:25 Mon 17 Nov 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
could try Ccleaner also that will get rid of any harmful files
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Blue screen (BSOD), malware help/advice

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.