Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Ebay Chat!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:06 Tue 6 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just interested to know peoples views on Ebay, things that they have bought and sold, bargains that they have seen, and things to be careful of when using Ebay.

I have recently bought a phone cover £1.50, a set of liverpool dart flights and for christmas bought my brother 120 pokemon figures for £4 which he was very happy with.

Edited at 00:06 Wed 7/01/09 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Tue 6 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Aint ever bought/sold anything on Ebay but i have wanted to put my whole bonkers collection (hardcore music cd's) on there to see how much they would fetch.
si123
si123
02:35 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ry, the problem with that would be if nobody did buy them unless you put a reserve price on them they could go for £1 and we don't want that now

I used to use Ebay alot to buy pretty much anything from Samsung Tocco and darts aswell lol

Thing about ebay when you use paypal to pay for it, all of your money is protected incase you dont get the product etc so it is pretty safe
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:41 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Few tips:

Use PayPal as si123 said above. They protect your money.

If the price is suspiciously low, be cautious especially when bying something like designer clothes, eletronic devices etc cause theres a chance its fake.

Read the feedbacks.
si123
si123
08:17 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah on ebay i got a 100% positive feedback rating, but if somebody has sold 100 things and got 20+ negative feedbacks then there is a problem also if you create a account on ebay and you find the password has being changed just contact them and they will delete the account so you don't have to worry about any problems
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:49 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have got paypal and I always read the reviews and feedback.

I have loads of old Liverpool kits ages 5 to 16 that I don't want and am thinking of putting them up for sale. Might put my ps2 and psp up as well as I don't use them and would rather have £20 from it. PSP has been a real disapointment really.

Atm there is a full sized snooker table up for 99p but it says it hasn't met the reserve yet.
cuchulain
cuchulain
10:51 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dont you have to give a % of the sale price to ebay themselves?

Edited at 16:51 Wed 7/01/09 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:27 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is what it says on their site.

If you list an item as an auction with a starting price of £0.99 and select the gallery option, you will pay £0.25 to list your item:

Insertion Fee: £0.10

Optional Feature Fee (Item Subtitle): £0.35

Total: £0.45

When you sell your item in auction format, you will pay a maximum of 8.75% of the item final selling price as the Final Value Fee. If the item does not sell, there is no Final Value Fee.
toontomh
toontomh
11:34 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
When it says a maximum, does that mean less can be paid to them? How is it worked out what will be paid? The price it sells for?

I remember my school was put on there once haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:53 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its really complicated, it changes based on what catergory the product you want to sell is.

Got my eye on a darts game for the xbox 360, not to play it, but because it is signed by Phil Taylor and it is only up for a penny atm, with £2 P and P.

Got over a week left yet though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:06 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some funny stories that I have heard about ebay -

Firstly, somebody sold an xbox on there and it turned about to be a cardboard box with an X written on it.

Another one was somebody selling an air guitar. That one really made me laugh!
luckypot
luckypot
Admin
12:08 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Carefull with signed things, it's not difficult to forge that at all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:34 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_kop said:
Firstly, somebody sold an xbox on there and it turned about to be a cardboard box with an X written on it.

Haha, can't do anything if it didn't have a picture or actually say it was it
toontomh
toontomh
13:17 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
My mate is a proper little ebayer, buying broken phones, fixing them and selling them for over £40 more.

He was telling me how he used to sell 'phones' but say at the bottom of the page in really small writing that it's just a link to a phone or something like that, sold around 10 for £200 each. Quite a lot around that try and scam.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:57 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
luckypot said:

Well he has a 100% record from March 04, and even if it is not a genuine signature, the game alone is going for £34 at gamestation (and thats pre-owned)

I think it is genuine anyway but even if it is a fake, then what is 2 quid??

Edit: It has gone up to £6 now so i'll not bother

Edited at 22:01 Wed 7/01/09 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:52 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_kop said:
luckypot said:

Well he has a 100% record from March 04, and even if it is not a genuine signature, the game alone is going for £34 at gamestation (and thats pre-owned)

Haha, that past you're price range Mike?
si123
si123
22:37 Wed 7 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I can get you a signed taylor game just go his darts shop in stoke lol, also the xbox thing is true also somebody was sellnig 50 cigerette lighters for £1 what they didnt no it was a box of 50 matches lol

heres a few things that have being sold on ebay think of the comission paypal made of these transactions lol

http://www.blingit.us/blog/2008/06/18/the-most-expensive-items-to-sell-on-e-bay/

And the first ever thing sold on ebay was a ....

Broken Laser Pointer which went for $14

Cool eh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:02 Thu 8 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
ste_efc said:
the_kop said:
luckypot said:

Haha, that past you're price range Mike?

Tis.

Nah but it's no longer a bargain
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:21 Tue 13 Jan 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
i bought my Yamaha YZ250F on ebay for £3,330 afew years ago. 1st and only ever ebay venture and it was quite an easy process.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:44 Sun 1 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I got my 1st car from ebay. Vauxhall Corsa. It was in my local garage and I wanted it ! But I had to bid on ebay for it, quite stupid really, good job I won it as there was a bidding battle at the end lol.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Ebay Chat!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.