are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

people leaving without playing

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:01 Tue 18 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
its really frying my head wen people come into ur room and then leave again because ur score might not be the best. this is hardly fair. i know u lose more points by gettin beat by someone worse off but thats all part of the game. its cheating in a way. if u enter the room u should have to play at least one game. wats everyones opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:26 Wed 19 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i struggle to see how this is cheating, no1 loses or gains any points, its just easier to enter a room to see what the opponents rank is and therefore decide if you wanna play them rather than havin to search for their details. Different people like to play different people of high or low rank, thats up to them, its certainly not cheating.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:36 Wed 19 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree with boz, especially when the newbie your playing is actually a person who was very high ranked and changed there name
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:15 Wed 19 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yep iagree with 3_lions and boz_lad 100%
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:23 Wed 19 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
suppose so. but how does someone wit a low ranking get up de the high rankin. obviously ppl wit high rankins played you's de get ur scores up. they shouldnt have the choice de pick who they play. if theyre good enuff it shouldnt matter
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:09 Wed 19 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
u shouldnt have to play hu ever is in the room
its a stupid idea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:11 Wed 19 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
ur just sayin that cuz one of the ones that does it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:15 Wed 19 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i leave if i dont want to play them
end of
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:56 Thu 20 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
aye but u were cryin at potterace sayin he was cheatin for lettin the time run down. thats not cheatin he can do wat he wants. so.............
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:06 Thu 20 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i was cryin since wen can people see through comps first i heard of it little boy shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:23 Thu 20 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not really such a big issue then you make out. People play different rank for different reasons. When i was a newbie, i played other newbies (or any others at the same level as me).

If someone were to join your game and feel that they do not wish to play someone of your particular ranking, they should leave in a matter of seconds.

A solution to this for example would be to show the owner of the games' ranking under their name on the game stats area (when game is highlighted)

Room Name: farren's game
Owner: farren
Player Rating: 875.5
Player Level: professional
Guests Allowed: no

and so on....

But let us not push the boat further then it should do
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:29 Thu 20 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree wit u farren. and sam catch urself on. ur only a wane ya goose
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:44 Sat 22 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
right we have a function here where we can check the rank of each player before we play them anyway, if you want to play in a game it will tell you who owns that game, if you put that into player details it will tell you what rank they are without disturbing them, I, in part agree with ciaragooner but for a different reason, it isnt cheating you are all correct, but it is annoying, when you are waiting for someone to join your game you play on the practice table, i use the practice table as much as i can cos im awful but when someone enters the game it stops, so when they leave 2 seconds later you have to start all over again, that is whats annoying.
krauser
krauser
12:51 Mon 24 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Problem with doing that is by the time you have checked their stats out somebody else has entered the room. I like farrens idea alot because it gives you an idea of what to expect in the game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:02 Mon 24 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yep when you check... the game would have allready been taken so i agree with farren stats on show next to game would be a great feature...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:52 Wed 26 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i never used to turn down a game but after a while i realized that playin a newbie and beating them over and over to lose ONE game by freak of nature and end up down on points jus wasnt worth the risk. u end up goin down quicker than u do up. Also its very boring having to play loads of game to make small gains in your rank.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

people leaving without playing

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.