Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

anyone else getting fed up with the points system here????

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:20 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i just lose 13.98 points to a player ranked 800, this is surely not fair, its definately not in my eyes, anyone else agree????????????
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:52 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
100% mate its a joke u lose like 15 points a game then wen u win u get like 1 point so even if you beat the player 15-1 in games ud stil be on same points it not fair at all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:53 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
to be fair im gettin fed up o people complaining about the points system, its must be fair because there are always a lot of 900 players. and ye i do get annoyed wen i lose that much, but we only lose that much becos we have high ranks and are expected to win most of our games which we must do to be 900 +. we have to lose sometime and wen we do it is fair that we lose so much, if we didnt ther wud be too many very highly ranked players and it wud be pointless. and i know that i can then jus go and get them points back easily enough if im on ok form. ur always in the top 10 m8 so it cant be that unfair. im not havin a go at you, just makin a point.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:59 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
ye fair enough but dont u think15 points is a little steep concedering we only get 0.46 wen i win lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:06 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
it might seem it but it is fair. and 0.46, little bit of an exxaguration, think it only got that low wen i was 970s and playing 750ish players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:20 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
You have to remember that you get a good lot of points if you beat a much higher ranker then yourselves. It's all been calculated and the point system is as fair as you can get.

If you got the same amounts of points won from each ranked game and half the amount when you lose, Would that be fair? For one thing, many players would reach the top and stay there; therefore making it less of an achievement.

http://www.funkysnooker.com/help.do?section=rankings

Click here for the rules and how the rank is calculated.

....but we like a good challange dont we eh?

Edited at 12:25 Fri 21/07/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:39 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I must say 3_lions always has something of value to say.
I do feel that the pool points system is better.You gradually over time move up the rankings if you are good.Here you can win five games and move up 50 points.Then down,then up.Feels less rewarding than slow progression over time.Quite often you see people on say 915 and then the next day on 830.They only have to lose maybe 8 games to do that.Sometimes the roller coaster is a bit much and i return to pool for a while.Each to their own,but i would prefer to say halve the points for a win or a loss.

Edited at 13:42 Fri 21/07/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:26 Fri 21 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
thanks m8, i dont wanna come across like im moaning
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:39 Sat 22 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with mekongmarcus, im not as good as all of you but i worked hard to get myself to a ranking of 760, i lost 10 games out of my next 14 and now im on 650 its quite a drop
riseagainst
riseagainst
11:01 Sat 22 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I totally agree with boz lads first point. It is as fair as it will ever be now. The best players are at the top, so it must be fair and correct. If you want it changing suggest a new way to calculate it, i dont think there will be a fairer suggestion than the one currently in place.

One suggestion i could make to make it a little fairer is that if you have played less than 50 games, you gain more points. And once youve played 50 games the increases and losses in points arent so steep.
krauser
krauser
12:21 Mon 24 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I think if he won that many points he wouldn't be complaining. Yes we all get annoyed when we lose but a top player wouldn't complain. He'd just get playing and try to make up the points he's lost.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:28 Mon 24 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
well said!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:59 Tue 25 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i have to agree with boz_lad and krauser, what would the ranks system be like if we won more than what we do if we play a lower ranked player say get 5+ each win it would be silly lads.

Personaly i think the system shouldn't change at all it's as fair as it will ever be so why change it?, as a few have already clarified above, the best are at the top so why change that to say someone of a adept caliborer to be at the top because the rank system has changed.

it wouldn't be right fair enough im not the best player and im not the worst but i try and yes i do lose alot of points, i got to 855.7 and lost 5 games and was back to 770 it is annoying but that's snooker we have our up's and we have our down's

would ronnie O'sullivan ask for the ranks to change of he was playing poor and lost to say a person ranked 500- in the world?, NO, he would just go to the practice table and improve his game play we should do the same!

Edited at 14:00 Tue 25/07/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:19 Tue 25 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If you don't like it go away and play on some rubbish pool/snooker games like yahoo and miniclip pool/snooker.
This game is the best i've seen in the pool/snooker catagory and I think you'd have a hard time trying to find a better game then this and better organised!
I get annoyed when i lose loads too a newbie when i am off form and i go away and swear to myself that i will not play this game anymore...well obviously the next morning im on here potting like mad and getting breaks of 40's! When you were young and you were learning to ride a bike without the extra wheels and you fell off what would your dad say? mine said get back on and i did and i'd never rode better. So everyone who loses points...get back on and pot away like you've never potted before!

Edited at 14:21 Tue 25/07/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:27 Tue 25 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
great post flukey get post. . .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:51 Tue 25 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
ty
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:25 Wed 2 Aug 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yer i must say it is bad
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

anyone else getting fed up with the points system here????

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.