Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Sky on your Xbox 360!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:09 Fri 29 May 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Microsoft has announced a deal bringing Sky TV to Xbox 360!

The Sky Player, Sky TV’s online service, launches on Xbox LIVE this autumn, bringing with it a tempting array of blockbuster movies, the best of music and the arts, thought-provoking documentaries, family favourite shows and, of course, the all important Premier League-powered Sky Sports content.

All of the above, and more besides, will be available to watch live or on-demand. Users don’t need an existing Sky contract and needn’t even sign up to one of the monthly subscription packages. Instead they can pick and choose the best bits from Sky’s myriad offerings on a pay-per-view basis. Better yet, there’s no need to install an external aerial or buy any kind of plug-in device. That’s the magic of broadband, folks!

The Xbox LIVE Sky Player offers new levels of interactivity too, adding some of the Xbox 360’s own abilities into the mix. In the case of Sky Sports this is set to include online chat during matches, league updates, instant results and so on. Other applications are currently being devised.

A full price schedule is still to be confirmed, although the existing PC-based Sky Player is a useful reference point. In which case we should be looking at individual monthly packages starting at £15 and single programmes from around £1 upwards.

The Sky Player is a useful addition to the Xbox 360’s ever-widening skillset.

Thoughts on that Xbox owners?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:14 Fri 29 May 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Grrrr was sure I posted this in the console forum

C'mon get it shifted mods, stop slacking
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:23 Fri 29 May 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Moved

Sounds quality, really looking foward to this
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:40 Fri 29 May 09 (BST)  [Link]  
good idea!!!!

although i have sky so it wont be needed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:44 Mon 8 Jun 09 (BST)  [Link]  
wow what a waste of time lol, most people who own xbox's are between 12 - 25, so upto 18 they won't be able to get it unless they have nice parents, when i turned 19 i got a free sky+ box and took out sky, so like the millions of us who already have sky boxes are going to ditch our boxes to get a console that has a 26% percent chance of failing... no thanks, i'd rather get playTV (I know its freeview...) 1 off payment, pause, record and watch it on my psp anywhere in the world through remote play which is already out, not only that but it won't have the full functionality of sky, not all the channels and you will still have to pay subscription? whats new here? or am i missing the point
mr2mk1
mr2mk1
09:37 Mon 8 Jun 09 (BST)  [Link]  
PS3's are my consoles and some say theyre better some say theyre worse and personally i think its just wether or not youve had playstations your whole life or XBOX's ive had the ps1 ps2 and have the ps3 and i think ps3's just edge it. besides people have said their XBOX's break far too easily they have slow connection on msn, it doesnt work quite rightly and now youre getting SKY, i honestly cant see that going down to well tbh. you'll either have bad connections with it all the time or you wont be able to get certain channels and more and more rules like that making it worthless but please let me know what its like when its introduced. ...So i know im right
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Sky on your Xbox 360!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.