Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Football Manager

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:58 Fri 7 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Just baught 2009.... Ye ye 2010 comes out octoberish...

Havent played a footy man for a few years. ( as i found them unrealistic and blaintely poop.

Played the demo yesterday and was quite impressed. So popped to shop to get it today.

Anyway, Just wondering if many play it. And who are the best bargains to get?

Think i may start of with tranmere (not decided yet). Was going to be liverpool. (But i like a challenge). So was then going to pick fulham or wigan.

Not sure.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:33 Fri 7 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
y did u buy it? never heard of utorrent?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:23 Fri 7 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
You don't get the updates if you download it, or online play, that's what the steam is all about.

As for the game I was hugely disappointed with it, after about a month I took it back and seriously debating wether or not to buy 2010. I got to the Semi finals of the Champions League with Preston, but lost to Barca who are just ridiculously good. Also you'll notice especially smaller clubs the chairman accepts most the transfer bids. And there are far too many late goals in the game!

Oh and btw http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewTopic.do?topicid=4649
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:32 Fri 7 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i've been playing this loads recently since i sold my xbox.

I enjoy it although not much has really changed over the years. Last football manager sim i had was Championship Manager 03/04 and this one not to different to be honest.

Best buys is a guy called Alex Tiexera (sp?) plays for the Brazillian team Vasco. He cost about 9 million but he great.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:44 Fri 7 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
soulmate said:
y did u buy it? never heard of utorrent?

Like to have the real thing when it comes to games.

02/03 was probably the last one i had as well. You always get late goals.. Same with Fifa and Pes. Fifa seem to add 6 minutes on when the injury closk only said 1 minute...

Sorry, didnt search saint michael.....

In the demo i had, I went as liverpool. And they only gave me a 3m budget. And manure wouldnt accept keane + pennant + 3m + 10% next sale + 5m if he scored 30 goals for Rooney! Thought it was a great deal tbh lol.....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:14 Fri 7 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Teams never accept players in the deal, ever. They'll only do it if they ask for them.

In fact, try it, Torres Gerrard Alonso and Mascherano plus £20m for Carrick or someone mediocre like that it'll be rejected
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:41 Fri 7 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
st_michael said:
Teams never accept players in the deal, ever. They'll only do it if they ask for them.

In fact, try it, Torres Gerrard Alonso and Mascherano plus £20m for Carrick or someone mediocre like that it'll be rejected

Lol...

Mate. With my luck at times. they will accept it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:51 Fri 7 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
st_michael said:

Didnt realise you played for bognor regis mate! Was gonna sign you on a free... but your stats are pants
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:38 Sat 8 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm Celtic in my 3rd season.

Best acheivments so far are - SPL title
Scottish cup x 2
League Cup x 3
Uefa Cup Final (lost)

Signed Riquelme (sp?) for 12 million
Fernandinho from Shaktar for 13million.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football Manager

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.