Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

PlayStation geeks of the world help me!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

si123
si123
02:12 Tue 22 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi all I got a PS3 (only had it of a mate today for freeeeeeeeee)

It was working fine at his but now it's not the annoying thing is I can do programming languges build PCs but cant get a controller to work on a PS3 lmao

It's plugged into the Console with the usb cable but it's still not working for some reason, the 4 lights on top are all flashing constantly I have tried resetting the controller (when I take the cable out all lights go out and wont come on) Do I need to buy a new controller or anybody got any ideas?

I have also tried turning it off and on numerious occasions does it need to be fully charged or should it work with USB cable in it? It's being on charge for about 2 hours and I am completly out of ideas

Any sugestions will be greatly appreaciated (Think I have tried most things just don't no what to do right now)
joker86
joker86
02:48 Tue 22 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Press the PS button
si123
si123
02:53 Tue 22 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Only if it was that simple tried that lol
joker86
joker86
03:09 Tue 22 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hold the PS button?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:55 Tue 22 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have you tried resetting the controller while it's still connected to the USB port?

http://www.fixya.com/support/t223155-ps3_controller_problem

Do you know if the controller has a wireless number assigned to the PS3? If it doesn't then The controller won't work wirelessly

http://hubpages.com/hub/PS3-Controller-Not-Working-Heres-How-To-Fix-It

Edited at 05:16 Tue 22/02/11 (GMT)
si123
si123
01:08 Wed 23 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I tried absolutly everythig but its srted now cost £30 for a new 1 and works fine

Thanks for the help guys
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:31 Wed 23 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
simon you need to leave it changing for 30 mins then take usb cable out then press / hold down the ps button
joker86
joker86
04:44 Thu 24 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
If the controller was not doing anything and then you get a new one and go through the same routine - and it works!!, then this would mean the 1st controller you had was faulty.

Glad you got it sorted.

Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

PlayStation geeks of the world help me!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.