RIP Macho Man

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

spinner
spinner
Admin
23:56 Fri 20 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I know there aren't that many fellow wrestling fans on here now, but I suspect a few more of you probably watched it when you were younger, and if you did you will either have loved him or hated him.

His match with Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3 is still considered one of the best of all time.

Randy Savage died in a car accident this morning, caused by him having a heart attack at the wheel.

Godspeed..
si123
si123
01:50 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Wow!

I arnt a huge fan of wrestling but loved it so much as a kid!

R.I.P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:35 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Without trying to be to contreversial, I wonder how many of the spate of wrestlers 'health problems' can be traced back to Vincent Kennedy McMahon's regime?

RIP
skillz
skillz
17:33 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
R.I.P Macho Man
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:56 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah, had a heart attack and lost control of the wheel...

R.I.P big macho
spinner
spinner
Admin
21:07 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
the_kop said:
Without trying to be to contreversial, I wonder how many of the spate of wrestlers 'health problems' can be traced back to Vincent Kennedy McMahon's regime?

RIP

Not just Vince's regime, but all through the 70's and 80's steriods and pain pills took over from alcohol as the method of dealing with life on the road and in the ring. It seems crazy now, but at the time nobody really knew the damage they would do. A bit like smoking was "cool" in the 1920's and 30's.

It's too late for many, of course, but WWE is the only wrestling company to test their talent and offer to pay for rehab not just for those under contract, but anyone who has ever worked for them.

Stark comparison to TNA, who sent Jeff Hardy out for the main even of Genesis a couple of months back when he was so out of it he could barely get in the ring..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:15 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
where if jeff hardy now ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:39 Sun 22 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner said:

Stark comparison to TNA, who sent Jeff Hardy out for the main even of Genesis a couple of months back when he was so out of it he could barely get in the ring..

Yeah that was bad, seen the vid on youtube, match lasted 5 seconds. The other wrestler (sting was it?) wasn't happy by the looks of it.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

RIP Macho Man

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.