World Darts Championship!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
si123
si123
03:09 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ohh Yes Adrian Lewis GET IN THERE ME SON!!!

Tomorrow we got:

Born and Bread Stokie who supports Stoke City

Lewis

Vs

Born and Break Stoke who also supports Stoke City

Hamilton!!

I want Aide to win as he's a quality guy and if you go down his Local when he's there he'll give you a game (never met Hamilton)

I know Taylor must of been watching tonight another Proud Stokie and sure he'll be watching the final tomorrow
si123
si123
03:12 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also this needs be said:

Robbie Savage has just Tweeted.....

2 Stoke players in the final they should move the ocki back 40 yards and launch them in from there !! Lol

quality!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:24 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think Lewis is going to walk this final.

Anything from 7-1 to 7-3 in my opinion.

I've just stuck a tenner on 7-2 Lewis

That being said it is possible that Hamiltons slow playing style could effect Aidy. It has done in the past.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:43 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If Hamilton plays like he has been doing then no doubt you will lose ya tenner. I think Lewis will win but i reckon it will be close...7-5...ya can't underesitmate hamilton how he's bin playing, so far his finishing has been as good as anyones and thats why he is in the final.

Edited at 12:50 Mon 02/01/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:28 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
2good said:
I think Lewis is going to walk this final.

Anything from 7-1 to 7-3 in my opinion.

I've just stuck a tenner on 7-2 Lewis

That being said it is possible that Hamiltons slow playing style could effect Aidy. It has done in the past.

what's your return if that comes in?

I couldn't believe Lewis came back from 5-1 against Wade, thought James had it in the back. But final I'm wanting Hamilton to win. I seen on twitter the press conference after Lewis won he asked.

''what makes players from Stoke so good?''
Lewis replied with ''It's all in the oatcakes''

Taylor / Lewis / Hamilton - jeezo!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:46 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
So close to the 7-2 bet, 7-3.

Fair play to Lewis, dislike him but after that performance and him not being so arrogant to Hamilton when winning I take my hat off to him. hamilton started off the tournament as a nobody and 200/1 odds. Quality player, as Lewis said "Deserves a place in Premier League"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:06 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Boooooo the odds were 9/1 so 100£ gone.

I fell asleep at 4-2 Lewis, was pretty poor and boring up until that point and I couldn't stop myself.

Did it pick up at all?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:22 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not at all, was such an amazing tournament that it fell at last hurdle with a poor quality final. Was still enjoyable to watch though, I guess! Was just good seeing the sportsmanship between the too at the end; Andy raised a glass to Lewis. Then after when getting interviewed Lewis saying Hamilton should be in the PL.

Lewis odds 5/1 to win 2013 title, Taylor 5/2 Favorite, and I think I seen somewhere that Hamilton is 20/1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:04 Thu 12 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Christian Kist looks like the man to watch. I expect him to make a fair PDC player if he switches.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:03 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
2good said:
Christian Kist looks like the man to watch. I expect him to make a fair PDC player if he switches.

He just beat Ted Hankey in the semi to go through to todays final later on.

Ted has now transferred to the PDC. The guy is a bit of a legend of Darts. He certainly likes to think he is anyway. Can't see him making many big tournament final stages, but he will certainly add something to the early stages.

Kist is playing Tony O'Shea in the final tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:41 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
why does he look like a fish when he's throwing lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:05 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
yes! Well done Christian Kist. Just won 120£ off that
damee
damee
23:08 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wasn't the best final, but yeah, he's one for the the PDC in years to come.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:22 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I bet 15£ on O'Shea to win 7-5 and 20£ for Kist to win 7-5

Always a good scoreline for the BDO World Championship final that

I'd say Jan Dekker (who lost to Kist in round 1) Ted Hankey (already confirmed) Christian Kist, Scott Waites, Dean Winstanley, Benito Van De Pas (lost in the first round) and Wesley Harmes will make very good PDC players.

Hope they move across, would spice up the PDC even more. All can average mid 90s consistently. 4 of them are Dutch as well, which is quite a good thing.
damee
damee
23:35 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would be good to see that. I think Ted has left it too late for him to go across, he should have done it earlier in his career. He won't get very far as you said in the major tournaments in the PDC.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:33 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
kist is decent and could make it to the PDC but i doubt the others will bother cos they know they done have the game to compete. PDC has its own grass roots now with thier new youth tour, so they wont need any bdo players to switch just to make up the numbers.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:26 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i_need_help said:
kist is decent and could make it to the PDC but i doubt the others will bother cos they know they done have the game to compete. PDC has its own grass roots now with thier new youth tour, so they wont need any bdo players to switch just to make up the numbers.

Just to make up the numbers? Aidy Lewis is the only player to have reached the PDC final without playing full-time on the BDO circuit.

Every other world champion you have seen on SKY has won the BDO world championship.

So basically speaking, the PDC has only ever bread one world champion.

Aidy was playing BDO as well, but because of his connections with Phil Taylor he got him a spot in the PDC and so Aidy dropped out of the BDO mid season.

If it wasn't for Barry Hearn and his ability to appeal to the mass market through music and girls, the PDC wouldn't last 5 minutes because up until now Barry wasn't interested in 'grass roots darts' because there was no money in it.

Instead he just buys players over from the BDO who move purely for the SKY money.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:54 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ted Hankey could be the first of many players to make the switch from BDO to PDC according to darts supremo Barry Hearn.

The 43-year-old made the decision following his semi-final defeat at Lakeside to Christian Kist.

"I'll miss this place but it's time to move on," he said.

BDO world number three Dean Winstanley also heads 160 entries for the 2012 PDC Pro Tour qualifying school.

The second qualifying school will be held from 19 January to 22 January, offering any darts player the chance to win a tour card to compete on the PDC's £5m circuit.

Other entries include former World Masters winner Tony West and his brother Steve, who both competed alongside Winstanley in the Lakeside Championship last week.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live earlier Hearn said: "Darts is an exploding sport, there's huge amounts of opportunity, huge amounts of money and there's no surprise these players are making the move."

I think the BDO will soon be bought by Barry for about a million squid, that is why he is now setting up grass roots darts ventures. When the BDO inevitably folds or is bought, he won't be able to pinch their best players, so will have to develop his own.

Edited at 14:58 Mon 16/01/12 (GMT)
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Darts Championship!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.