massive problem

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:12 Sat 20 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi, I find more and more guys with dog awful stats playing awesome, In tournies and the like.

Now I know i'm awful too, but dear God, I've just seen some of the greatest play ever two 670 ranked guys in a row...... the dude in the final, who I won't name out of respect only for the site, and it's rules, potted like a trooper, and saftetied amazingly, yet he has won 540, lost 511, and abandoned 928................................. get a grip lads...... crack down on this blatent cheatery.

They were playin doubles without a blink, snookerin' with a deft touch, and were just quality throughout. Now you can say, maybe they were just past players gettin' back into it, but no.... that doesn't wash my friends, stats of 1051 games played, 928 games abaondoned, whilst playing like a legend, as prementioned, just doesn't wash.

Bring back nick!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:15 Sat 20 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
....and please leave this up for a responce before just deleting and banning me... ta
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:19 Sat 20 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah, nice the debate can last more than 2 hours, thought I'd be gone.

You have constantly great breakbuilding awesome players in the 600's, my simple question is " how are you only 680?" for eg, when they are clearly great, I think everyone who actually answered me has said along the same lines " I used to play", then i'd go into their profile and see they havn't just "used to play" but they've still been playing a tonne and not gettin into the 700s? oh my days, it's time for Nick's replacement's as the bosses to crack down and give the one account guys a chance!! (not that there's many left no doubt)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:08 Sat 20 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
They only played friendlies? Not everyone likes to play ranked...And maybe they felt like entering a tournament for a change...Idk rank means literally nothing on here any more mate, thought everyone knew that by now..
destroyer
destroyer
14:33 Sat 20 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
nick cannot do anything about how people play, they clearly have improved, however, being offline for 2 months he does need to address some issues
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
09:15 Sun 21 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Omg Tom I love you lmao
hutch1971
hutch1971
00:25 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
lol dan coming from you that means a lot lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:54 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Its a tough situation, one you have to deal with, now a days there is no active good players around so players who are half decent and floating at the top have to rely on not losing at all to anyone as most are 600-700 ranked and if you lose a game you have to win 10 to gain back what you have lost, there is no point in going for the rank now, i dont tend to judge players by there ranking.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:42 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Cant change it, just play well

Edited at 13:24 Mon 22/09/14 (BST)
fragmented
fragmented
16:04 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Not sure if you're commenting on all types of game or one specifically.

I've been on here a few years, over four, so if nothing else have a fair experience of how the whole site seems to have changed.

IMO there is a far fewer pecentage of ppl who are on here to play the game properly. By that I mean

1/ Having your correct rank and not resetting or re-registering every other day
2/ Playing fairly trying to get out of snookers etc
3/ Nick a frame and run
4/ Play till they lose a frame then go

I used to try hard to win and did at one time get into the 800's but for the last few months I don't bother - just play because I enjoy it and it passes the time.

I can't think of any way to stop the ppl who enjoy abusing the concept of the game and although I fail to see what satisfaction they get I think you've just got to accept it.

It's only a game when all said and done.

The only thing I can suggest is keeping a list of the ppl who you think are not what they appear to be and avaoid playing them.

Other than that have a room for long standing members who have played 1000+ games or had their account for over a year.

It's also obvoius that in general the number of player is shrinking.

Just my observations...............................
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:31 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
^^

Edited at 13:36 Mon 22/09/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:17 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
As someone who you've accused (I'm 730 - 760 generally), I am merely inconsistent.

I have days where I can't win to save my life, and days when, my concentration is good and my game is tight.

Now, no offence intended here but I'd suggest, in my experience of playing against you, that you should accept it and not be such a bad loser.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:51 Wed 1 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
1. I'd like to apoligise if you felt i was targetting anyone, certainly not, it was more the overview of the last year or so. Forgive me please.

2. I'm very impressed that funky staff left this open to discussion, which shows a massive amount of maturity on their behalf.

3. Fragmented, I do completely agree with you on your great post, it's more a case of "it's happenin' get over it" lol

4. maybe the fact a lot aren't coming back is the distorted rankin' setup, (with the aforementioned in mind, of people resetiin and new account creataing etc) you can compete with a quality 720 dude who can pot awesomely, win and get 1 point, lose and get -5, seems unfair that you can no longer win points against these people, who are blatently experienced. So I can't for one, blame anyone who hasn't come back.

Cheers all for your responces, I know i posted it drunk and would never normally be that rude, but it's inspired me that a few people have responded. Cheers.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:56 Wed 1 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't believe this issue is not sortable, If they just log ips on registration, and don't allow the same ip to join with a new name, would be a start :) (not a full solution , because the banned abusive guys keep making new names, but it would be a fine start)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:46 Wed 1 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I have to agree with fragmented, sexyboy, and tombo to a certain degree... there are times when I'm a world beater and another when I lose to muppets.. its the same in the real world though tbh on a real table, but I think there is a decline in lots of games and sports in general... my snooker hall used to be full of kids playing snooker, and as a coach, nowadays we have 3 kids turn up every sunday because of internet games that stops our raw talent, and the love of the game that we enjoy pushing through.... there is not the love for snooker in general that we had when I was a kid.... yes this site used to be full of players too (like my club use to have) but the novelty wears off!!!! I stopped playing funky for 6 months when gta5 came out so do we blame sony for the demise of funky??

as for multiple accounts and rank re-setting i'm afraid its something we gotta live with.... I hear so many players moan that rank means nothing nowadays, and I totally agree..... we get players ranked 650-700 saying "go easy on me" then clearing up when u do..... rank resetting should be banned for a start!!! but then u get players de-activating and coming back a day or two later with a similar name and winning everything!!!!! it doesn't annoy me (much) but it needs addressing by staff I think..... so many times we see newbies with an account a day or two old winning tourneys with amazing performances and hitting maximums and I think its that problem that drives other proper players away!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:51 Wed 1 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
also sexyboy has deactivated his account within the last 12 hours..... will he be back??? i'm sure he will but with what username??? another newbie on the scene???? yeah right!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:56 Wed 1 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
look out for sexxyboyy ha ha!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:08 Wed 1 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
and as for ips on registration tombo, shouldn't, say for example, my wife, my kids, my friends be able to have their own account, if they play only on my computer..... theres 4 different acc's with same ip, where does it end..... we cant stop it lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:08 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I loved your first post, foulalot, and thanks for contributing to a grown up discussion, was well informed and you gave experience to the issues too.

As for IP's on reg i get what you're sayin', in that their might me one pc in a household, but I do stand by it. I think if you and you son, for eg, are regulars here, just tell the admin, no harm = no foul. at least they tick you off the list if you tell them.

However what if I, start making like 3 accounts, sayin i have kids etc, from same computer, I believe in one computer one game. I know for a fact it's not harsh to young kids, as havin worked with them for 6 years, not one of them would have the patience for this particular game, they would rather play on an ipad. So that wouldn't be as big as an issue to the one we're facing.

In summary, I respect what you're sayin about havin two users in a house, surely there can be an easy process for an admin to be told and a box to be ticked, other that that younger kids won't give this place the time of day as it'd be to labourious
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:15 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I have a 3 point strategy for the saving of this site:

1. one man one account, let everyone know the guy they know and trust is that guy. No If buts maybe and who's.

2. Less tournies, 1 a day for each game type, so the dudes who so love each game can have a time to come on, not just like 5 arc tourneys a day, or 10 with micros, but One, to unite them all to come on for it, make it competitive.

3. Make tourneypoints into a week only thing, and scrap monthly and overall! monthly and overall give an uncheivable target for new players, and they won't even bother playing to try in the first instance!! guaranteed! Whereas weekly only, then reset after with the trophies handed out, will allow every God damn person to have a go :D
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

massive problem

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.