Smash around

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Snooker Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:37 Fri 25 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Bored of playing long-winded snooker games? Fear not as SMASH AROUND is here. This follows the same rules as the snooker game but instead of boredom, creates excitement, fun and humour as well as intrigue.

SMASH AROUND is all about QUICK potting (i.e. a 10s game, where ideally as soon as it is the person's turn to take a shot, they should hit the ball immediately) and BALL SMASHING (i.e. as hard as possible!!!)

Quite a few of you have played this and the responses have been mixed. Please leave feedback on this as this game could be especially incorporated into a tournament. REMEMBER: Its all about fun and NOT RANKING POINTS!!!!
bon_jon
bon_jon
07:49 Sun 27 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
BLANKED!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:49 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Just played the game agianst ddholmes, it was certainly different and was a nice change, give it a go people!
curtisorren
curtisorren
13:31 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
im in two minds.

good for players who arnt that good. but most of the time it would be hit n hope
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:58 Tue 29 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i didnt like it at all cos it was sooooo random , an there were about 12-14 fouls in the game, i like the idea but only if it was as a freindly not a ranking match cos i feel its too random to give away points for ,,,,,,
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:42 Wed 30 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
just played smash around, would greatly recommend it, not only to beginners but to everyone, as it makes u think quickly, or you just hit and hope and have a laugh, but i think there should be a ranked and a friendly game, incase people dont want to loose points rapidly. Great game though, give it a shot people. kris
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:10 Wed 30 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
after playing smash around a few times with people, i think that maybe a 5 sec shot limit would be better because after a game or two, people begin to take a while with their shots, using the full 10 seconds, and i think it destroys the point of the game, and possibly a power limit too, if the ball is hit to softly, a penalty is given, or something to make sure the game is played properly, would definately say give it a try though, can be improved over time can't it !
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:15 Thu 31 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
really gud!! keeps u finkin... im all for it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:48 Thu 31 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
too easy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:02 Thu 31 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
mostly hit nd hope, good craic all the same, wud b a good laff to hav competitions nd dat on it, have sum laffs with it so ya cud!! gud idea!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:18 Thu 31 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
good game, its really fun to play and for a mess around! it keeps you on your feet. i recommend it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:39 Thu 31 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
dont like the idea for ranked matches but for friendles definately
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:13 Fri 1 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
good for a change......prob not ideal for ranked games tho
spinner
spinner
Admin
08:17 Fri 1 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I've asked for the option to have quick games on both sites for years now.

Other sites have 3 or 4 second games, why not here?

I always play 10 seconds which i find ample time to play normally so proper quick games would be great fun.

Good players should always be thinking several shots ahead regardless of who's turn it is, and a game like this will help to encourage that.

<thumbs up>
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:14 Sat 2 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Seems very popular. Quite a few games entitled "smash around" when i log in.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:59 Sat 2 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
just played my 1st game against ddholmes. agree with rajvisa. would recommend this =P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:06 Sat 2 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Really enjoyed havin a laugh by smashing it all arond and not bein 2 serious with peole that take hours to take a shot!its a great idea!
gazza 6
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:56 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i thougt it was brill cuz i won lol ty 4 playin me xxxxx
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:52 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
worst game ever .com, n its not cos i lost i won but its pointless. mite as well called it random shot and hope you win from random shot times lol

Edited at 18:55 Sun 3/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
my oppenent said i dint enjoy the fun, i enojoy making good shots and decent breaks, why the need to smash it, but what ever floats ya boat

Edited at 18:57 Sun 3/06/07 (BST)
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Smash around

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Snooker Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.