Arsenal Talk

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:04 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
As you all know, I Support Arsenal, Henry goes to Barcelona the board reject another offer from Stan the man (The American Sports Enterprise Person) Arsenal Wenger Said If Arsenal don't win no silverware this season he will be going through the back door! As a Gooner I feel my club is going no where at the moment they have one of the best stadium in the Premiership but no money or no high profile player I'm so so gutted at this situation Arsenal has got themselfs in...

Feel free to have your own opinions???

Edited at 13:05 Sat 23/06/07 (BST)
toontomh
toontomh
08:07 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmm...Another Leeds...Nottingham Forrest in the making?

You did bad enough only having Henry for half the season last year so I hate to see where you're going this season!

Mind you, the best stadium bit...It must be the appearence of the stadium that does it for you, 'cause the fans don't seem to add much!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:07 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Opppsie Put this in Genral Chat, Any chance a mod can move it to Sports Chat...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:09 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol I knew you would have nothing to say about the stadium toon
toontomh
toontomh
08:13 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol, I have to admit, it is a nice looking stadium, but the fans do seem pretty quiet! Then again, last season the atmosphere at St. James' Park wasn't anywhere near as good as it could be!

Towards the end of the season there was a banner saying "Bring Back The Noise"! Though with the football that was going on the lack of atmosphere didn't surprise me! Lets just hope it's back next season!

Anyway, seeing as though it's Arsenal Talk, less of the Toon! lol

And by the way, Tom not Toon!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:23 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
aww bless you *mwah*... arsenal, without henry?.. relegation's for you boy's next year then.

How people can say where nothing without C.Ronaldo is beyond me, arsenal seriously, can not play without him, he gives them that believe that they lack when he isn't on the field.

In most honest opinion, i think that arsenal will struggle, and struggle big, unless they don't sign any big player's ( which they won't because there moneyless) then as toontomh has pointed out, your another leed's untied and nottingham forrest in the making.

all together now!! NAA NA NAA NA NAA NA NAA NA WAHAY GOODBYE!!! and again now

EDIT: oh, and for the ground, my local park has better atmosphere for the sunday league matches... there is no atmosphere what so ever at your 'wonderful' stadium that you claim to be one of the best in the premiership, even so... along way of Old Trafford's standard's!.. CMON you red's

Edited at 13:27 Sat 23/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:39 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't push it Shaun I'll boot ya
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:59 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
this isnt a very successful thread so far is it drunk and i aint gonna make it any better aresenal dont have any english players thats wrong. aresenal dont have any atmospher! aresenal dont know where the back of the net is. (not even against phil jagielka ) allthough u can pass it around all day! And finally (even though this guys a legend and im a liverpool fan) You let Peter Crouch get a hatrick against you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:09 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lol You let Julio Baptista Let 4 against ya and his rubbish!! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:10 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Ye but we didnt have our full team out!
toontomh
toontomh
12:35 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I hate that excuse unless it's because of injured players! You aren't going to play a team that you don't think is capable of beating another!
It's as if you're saying Liverpool went into the game hoping to get beaten!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:09 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol thanks toon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:30 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not saying that tom but do u think the beast would've scored 4 if hes was up against finnan carra agger instead of palletta etc..
toontomh
toontomh
18:24 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmm...I suppose, he'd probably have got 5 or 6!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:39 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ye lol but then again you didnt get much change out of em did u tom 2-0 to liverpool and 2-1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:34 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
like some of you may of read i put arsenal 6TH on the league because alot of your players signed because of 1 player THIERY HENRY without him arsenal will struggle next to go i think is CESC FABREGAS
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:58 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
"""aresenal dont know where the back of the net is. (not even against phil jagielka""""

LOl yeh, but we put 13 goals past your keepers last season, what does that say about your goal keeper(s)

"THIERY HENRY without him arsenal will struggle next""

Not really, we didnt have henry for most of this season, and we hammered most of our rivals without him. We'll hopefully buy some decent strikers with the money from selling henry.

If we buy a striker who puts 30% of our chances away we'll get more than a 100 goals in the league easily.

And now reffering back to toon's earlier post, we are not going to become the new Leeds.

We are too financially strong for that, even though we are still paying off for our stadium. Dont forget we have 60,000 fans turning up to watch our team every other week and we have waiting lists for season tickets of over 40,000.

Edited at 04:13 Sun 24/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:09 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Reffering back to Drunk_mate's original post:

Im sure stuff about Wenger leaving is absolute cr*p unless its from a reliable source (BBC e.g.), He's left his contract running v. late before, I think he was out of contract for first 2months in 01/02! He'll sign next summer.

Dont forget how clever a man Arsene is. Im sure he had a reason for letting Henry go, just like he had one for letting players like Vieira, Edu, petit and overmars go. Wengers been right on spot when letting players go. Im sure he already has some possible replacements in mind (Henry's not easy to replace mind you) but im sure we'll be signing someone before the start of next season and Im sure it wont be our customary U-18 signing.
Wengers going to sign someone established to bring back confidence into the players and fans alike. I am absoultely sure Wenger has something up his sleeve, he is no dumb*ss and will surely pull of a real shrewd deal.

In AW we trust, he's never let us down before.

Edited at 04:21 Sun 24/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:17 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
We'll prove all our doubters wrong next season, just like United did this season when people were saying they wouldn't score many goals with Nistelrooy.

Shame there's not more charcter spaces allowed for each individual post!

Rant over

Edited at 04:17 Sun 24/06/07 (BST)
toontomh
toontomh
05:25 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
2good said:
ye lol but then again you didnt get much change out of em did u tom 2-0 to liverpool and 2-1

Well to be honest, our 2 goals when we won () were defensive 'blunders'. Firstly Reina a 'Worlds Class Keeper' kicks the ball at his own player leaving an empty net for Martins to score.

And secondly one of your players can't even tackle a Newcastle Centre-Back in the penalty area without fouling, giving away a penalty!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Arsenal Talk

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.