Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
nick
nick
Admin
09:31 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Recently people have been talking about the poor use of space for widescreen versions. How would this format look like?

Posted Image

Direct link to image:
http://i34.tinypic.com/rw57ap.jpg

Note this will not replace the current layout. It would be optional (in fact auto-detected with user override).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:33 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
will there be a widescreen option for pool too if it comes in?

i've only just moved over to a widescreen monitor so im ok but i guess it would fill the screen better?

as i dont play a lot over here i cant really comment on whether that looks better or not but anything that means more table space gets the thumbs up from me
nick
nick
Admin
09:36 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, it would be on both games (this thread is on both sites). Not too difficult to add really but I would only want to have it available if there is demand for it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:42 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
ahh sorry havent looked at pool yet since i posted here.

As i said before, if it increases table space for widescreen users it can only be a good thing

*waits to see if anyone agrees*
spinner
spinner
Admin
09:51 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks good, would certainly use it when on widescreen displays.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:21 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yes i think this would be good as an optional extra as i dont use a widescreen monitor so the advert fits fine for me at the top
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
10:27 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats an excellent idea Nick!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:19 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep, im using a widescreen laptop, i would defo use it
luckypot
luckypot
Admin
12:06 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks as though it would be fantastic for widescreen users... also gives you space for a larger advertisement, so better for the site.

I would most certainly use it when actually on a comp with a widescreen.
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
12:23 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I like it, although it is optional yes ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:54 Sat 16 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
widescreen version for original is the best
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:14 Sun 17 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds good but would like the advert to be on the right side of the table as adverts usually are.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:24 Sun 17 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
pallosalama said:
Sounds good but would like the advert to be on the right side of the table as adverts usually are.

I'd prefer the advert where it is, it's in the way of nothing that way.
spinner
spinner
Admin
07:46 Sun 17 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
the_kop said:
pallosalama said:

I'd prefer the advert where it is, it's in the way of nothing that way.

It won't be in the way either way, and thinking about it, agree with having it on the right.

Thats where they are on the sites webpages and they are to the right on the 4:3 layout so it makes sense.
nick
nick
Admin
07:48 Sun 17 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I've slimmed down the advert, and I'll trial it tomorrow. By default it will launch a widescreen version for widescreen users, normal else.

However you can pick your own version which will store the setting for your machine and will persist across sessions. In this case the option is done on a machine basis, not for your account.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:44 Sun 17 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds good
nick
nick
Admin
08:16 Tue 19 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
OK, this is released. The table is now optimized for widescreens.

If you have a problem with the setup for you please take a screenshot and post in this thread! If you can't then please at least post your screen resolution.
http://www.funkysnooker.com/help.do?section=browser_properties

If you wish to choose a specific size visit:
http://www.funkysnooker.com/help.do?section=table_size
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
09:16 Tue 19 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image

This image was taken on a 15.4" screen. As you can see, the balls no longer appear round. Is there a way to fix this?

Edited at 14:22 Tue 19/08/08 (BST)
nick
nick
Admin
09:35 Tue 19 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
This is a problem related to the table. At certain sizes the ball graphics do not scale well.

You now have a slightly bigger table area to before, so to restore simply don't maximize, change the window size by hand until you're happy with it.

Alternatively you can revert back.

I will investigate why the ball sizes don't scale well, but this problem has been around since snooker was launched (it's not a new bug).

EDIT: You can remove the address bar for popups in Firefox 3 by following the instructions found here:
http://www.funkysnooker.com/help.do?section=table_size

Edited at 14:37 Tue 19/08/08 (BST)
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
10:03 Tue 19 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks Nick, worked like a charm .

Just a little note about removing the address bar.. according to the Help Centre, you have to change the dom.disable_window_feature.location to true to remove the address bar, however it was changing this setting to false that removed it for me. Changing it back to true again replaced the address bar in its original position.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Widescreen version

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.