Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

computer trouble

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:32 Sun 19 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I have recently downloaded (not on purpose!) a trojan/virus/ something that I don't want. It flashes up every 10 seconds saying that my computer is infected. If I click it it starts downloading a fake 2009 XP spyware program. I need to remove this because it is causing my computer to be extremely slow. I tried to open up Norton, my spyware scanner, however, it won't open and says 'abnormal program'. So, I thought I'd try downloading a few free spyware scanners - such as AD aware and AVG. However, these scans all stop working - presumably because of the 'thing' I downloaded. Also, it won't let me on websites to download the spyware scanners - I can get on every other website. I really need some help to get rid of this, because it could really mess up my computer. Can anyone help me?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:50 Sun 19 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
gutted mate. was gonna suggest to not use norton. AVG is the best one for free or mcafee if u paying. If nothingwont get rid. If you still have windows disk (assuming u use windows) then a complete restall should get rid of it. but also will get rid of everything else... BACKUP anything u want to keep tho if u do
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:14 Sun 19 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
you could try a spybot search and destroy (got rid of my trojan) or computer restore if it goes back far enough.

or use what phil suggested.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:45 Sun 19 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
well, your computer is pretty ill. I would get someone to reset it or just ask spinner or maybe cuchulain
si123
si123
10:02 Mon 20 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
No your going about it wrong, find out when you picked up the Trojan and do something called a computer restore

Start > All Program > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

After you click this option then something will apear like a calender and from there you click to the date you want the pc go back to.

I recomend always go back around a month or 3 weeks all of your files like from word etc still remain but the things that you have downloaded during the period you will restor from will be removed like if you downloaded btjunkie yesterday then that would need to be re-ownloaded

Also mate the best Antivirus out currently is NOD32 and even though people might say it is not and they recomend Mcafee and AVG they are not really good and dont protect as much as people think where NOD32 will find anything (I dont use 1 myself I dont use firewall or AV's prefer to keep my PC clean on my own and remove stuff myself)

But give that a go if not then maybe you will have to format but never format if you have not got all of the CD's for your USB ports and GFX card etc

Edited at 15:03 Mon 20/10/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:43 Mon 20 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
si123 said:
No your going about it wrong, find out when you picked up the Trojan and do something called a computer restore

Only for XP or Vista tho.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:52 Mon 20 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
si123 said:

After you click this option then something will apear like a calender and from there you click to the date you want the pc go back to.

I recomend always go back around a month or 3 weeks all of your files like from word etc still remain but the things that you have downloaded during the period you will restor from will be removed like if you downloaded btjunkie yesterday then that would need to be re-ownloaded

Also mate the best Antivirus out currently is NOD32 and even though people might say it is not and they recomend Mcafee and AVG they are not really good and dont protect as much as people think where NOD32 will find anything (I dont use 1 myself I dont use firewall or AV's prefer to keep my PC clean on my own and remove stuff myself)

But give that a go if not then maybe you will have to format but never format if you have not got all of the CD's for your USB ports and GFX card etc

Edited at 15:03 Mon 20/10/08 (BST)

you really know what your talking abut mate lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:02 Mon 20 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep system restore to before you got the problem should get rid of it, done it a couple of times. And if it doesn't work, you can always undo the restore, none of your work should be lost.
classy
classy
20:05 Mon 20 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah.i had the same problem mate.i did a system restore only went back 2 days though ,but it did remove the virus,...as for virus scanners i recomend 1 called.."Avast"..its totally free and does a great job,,it comes with a web shield which is always active and stops any virus entering ure pc.its always running!!hope this helps u bud..!good luck!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:09 Tue 21 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yep system restore should work however system restore doesn't work to get back deleted files remeber that as i deleted all my families photos once!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:27 Sat 25 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Fir XP go to start, Help and Support under the section ''Pick a Task'' Select ''undo changes with a system restore'',Go back one day before this came up.

PLEASE remember saved files may be lossed so if you had anything important it may be lossed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:39 Sat 25 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey i also have a problem..i upgraded my adobe flash player and then i couldnt go on youtube or anythink and i have been uninstalling and re-installing it but i can no longer watch video's would like some help...hoping cuch or spinner can help out...? send me a message or summert.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:05 Sat 25 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
_22kaka22_ said:
Hey i also have a problem..i upgraded my adobe flash player and then i couldnt go on youtube or anythink and i have been uninstalling and re-installing it but i can no longer watch video's would like some help...hoping cuch or spinner can help out...? send me a message or summert.

check this thread out mate:

http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewTopic.do?topicid=4608
si123
si123
21:45 Sat 25 Oct 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Dude you could just go to flash website and make sure that you have downloaded the newest virson and make sure you have the add ons and then also make sure you restart the PC otherwise it does not take all of the effects
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:21 Sun 26 Oct 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok all you need to do is get a piece of software called COMODO Firewall Pro (My own created firewall ) and virus scan and it will quarintine it for you, until you decide what you want to do.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:02 Sun 26 Oct 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
_22kaka22_ said:

http://www.funkypool.com/viewTopic.do?topicid=14147
I'm sure this will help you out..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:28 Mon 27 Oct 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with sam j 147... my mate said he had virus and was told how to send his pc back in time to b4 the V...sorry i dont know how but im sure it can be sorted...
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

computer trouble

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.