Warnings/Bannings

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
atticus
atticus
17:40 Sat 15 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Well as you may know, the moderation on this site is pretty pathetic.
Just a suggestion, when someone's on a warning and face a banning, at least tell em or email em. It's stupid just banning someone and not explaining it. Take runescape for example, you have a message centre and they message you when you've broken a rule and ban you for 3 days. When they unban you you're on a sorta warning for a perm ban. Just some suggestions cause the moderating is kinda poor..
Also, you have two admins that I don't see much around the forum, you know how easy it is the set up a keylogger, post the link on here and make everyone click it and get 'hacked'? You need some more forum mods.
fentoozler
fentoozler
17:42 Sat 15 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by an admin
atticus
atticus
17:44 Sat 15 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
It'd also like to add, it is annoying when they remove your posts and don't explain it. Then if someone asks in game they can just say you swore. When I didn't, I just proved em wrong.
Anyway, any real comments?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:20 Sat 15 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
personally im not aware of any banning on this site yet, everyone has started from a clean slate as thi site is intentionally seperate from funkypool.

at the moment only nick and i are permitted to issue bans and i havnt banned anyone yet so i dont see what your point is on that respect.

regarding moderation, i agree with you, new mods will be brought in next week, the site has only been up less that a week guys so please give us some breathing space to pick the right people.

regarding the removing of posts, you state its without warnings and without reasons, the warnings were there before the forums were even open, i did some extra warnings (which i may add you took fault with that too) and the reasons we dont have to give, its up to admin discretion which posts we want to be displayed.
atticus
atticus
18:35 Sat 15 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, however I meant mods that actually know what they're doing. Forget it..
nick
nick
Admin
04:34 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
If a player wishes to find out why they were banned they can use the contact us. However, I somehow doubt your friend will use it.

Although that's a good point, an automated system that gives the reason for being banned when you (fail to) log in would be a good enhancement.

Atticus your posts were removed for negative comments about other players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:24 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i know its not really my place but why do some people from funkypool and now funkysnooker always try and annoy the mods/admins and the majority of the players because of silly little things, why doesnt everyone have some fun, i mean this is why the site was made
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:53 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
well said wr_whibbs couldn't have put it better myself :) however there are always going to be users who sign up simply to annoy rather than play the "phenomenal game"!!! (another wd Nick) :) simply because they would rather do that than anything else? oh well I hope that made sense
atticus
atticus
07:27 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
To mrwhibbs, he is having fun. Annoying the mods and stuff is fun for him. Like you said, why don't people have some fun.. everyone has different ways of having fun.
To nick, so now we can only be positive?
atticus
atticus
07:31 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
It's also amusing cause he doesn't care one bit. He only comes on to play me, supose he'll just have to create a new name each time he wants a game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:40 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
you can be negative but you don't have to voice it, a wise old saying. "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:46 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
wot if i wanna say the weathers bad outside?? am i not allowed 2? :-(
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:49 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
you just did and there aren't any complaints :)
nick
nick
Admin
07:52 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
To nick, so now we can only be positive?

If you think negative posts are removed take a look at the funkypool "game queries" forum!

However, what I personally will not tolerate is the forum being used to bicker and escalate personal grudges.

Also it is not to be used to discuss specific bannings (this thread is acceptable - banning policies may be discussed).

This should keep the quality of posts high.
atticus
atticus
08:55 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I just feel if we should email you about our banning, and an appeal, you should email us in the first place so we have an idea why we're banned.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:03 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Normally bannings will take place after a booting.

When you are booted, the reason is shown to you as to why you are booted.

That reason will probably be why you are banned, so gives you enough information for you to then use the contact us if you felt you were wrongly booted.
nick
nick
Admin
11:04 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
It could (easily) automatically send an email to players when banned, but people may not wish to receive this as they would feel it was junk (many are unconcerned about getting banned).

The nicest way is to inform when the user tries to log in - "sorry, you have been banned for repeated swearing" etc.

The number of complaints about players feeling they were incorrectly banned compared to the number of bannings is very low, meaning in most cases the disciplinary procedure is working nicely, or the user knows why they were banned.

And I'm sure if your friend thinks about it long and hard he could come up with more than a few reasons that he might be banned.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:05 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
and if you have a problem with ban/boot don't login as a nw user and complain in the forums, go on the contact us page and email the team for assistance :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:55 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
there probly's will be a bigger selection of moderators/admins if you just let nick find some tallent on this site to pick to be moderator material.
atticus
atticus
12:09 Sun 16 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
He'll never find good ones to be honest. Everyone's too desperate to be mod.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Warnings/Bannings

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.