New F1 Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:27 Wed 27 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You are unlikely to get a definitive answer to that question as there are so many variables e.g. driver style, skill, experience, team of engineers, strategy, team preference (if you are to believe Mark lol) etc. Also, it is not always the case that Vettel is the faster though on average that seems to be the case.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:17 Wed 27 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Also a lot of the time webber especially last season was actually using vettels old chassis unless i am sorely mistaken
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:06 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
A sad day for UK F1 fans ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm ... the thin end of the wedge
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
No Network can even come close to competing with the BBC coverage, from the Presenters/commentary and all the other add ons. Oh, and not to mention possible adverts..

The sad thing is, that after 2018, Sky will probably get it outright and F1 will probs be off normal TV completely.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:07 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep and what I don't understand is why the BBC will only show half the races starting from 2012 even though their existing contract is until 2013.

There is no way that Sky will be able to match the BBC quality and PPV will be right around the corner. I'm particularly aggrieved by the fact that I'm quite happy with Virgin, don't want Sky and I'm not prepared to pay the extra to have Sky Sports when the only sport I watch is Snooker and F1.

Edit:

..... and it seems I'm not alone .... http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23poweroff1fans

Edited at 12:25 Fri 29/07/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:42 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
See i watch a range of sports and i already have sky sports so it doesnt bother me BUT u are right in what u are saying in regards to the coverage on bbc is immense .. and sky will not be able to compete especially with adverts in sky and so on but he bbc obviously didnt offer enough money
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:15 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It appears as though the teams are a tad concerned about this as well ( http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93455 ) though Bernie will probably appease them in some way. Might be a good time to spread a rumour that Bernie's phone has been hacked so he might take a different view of associating with the Murdock empire

I can see, Matty, that some won't be effected (for now that is) but for others that are not particularly sport based or Sky subscribers it is a huge blow.

Somehow it feels the same as if Nick were to announce that he had sold Funky to EA.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:20 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmmm, .... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14344243.stm ... not convinced (admittedly I am somewhat biased)

Edit:

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports said:

"We will give F1 the full Sky Sports treatment with a commitment to each race never seen before on UK television."

It is worse than I thought lol

Edited at 14:26 Fri 29/07/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:26 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
to be honest bud it is expensive i think my television i pay to sky is around 70 - 80 quid a month with the sports and the movies so it is a tad on the stupid side when u think bbc is normal tele that u already have to pay a television LICENCE for effectively u have to now pay for television licence then pay for channels it is very stupid indeed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:31 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mattywellie said:
to be honest bud it is expensive i think my television i pay to sky is around 70 - 80 quid a month with the sports and the movies so it is a tad on the stupid side when u think bbc is normal tele that u already have to pay a television LICENCE for effectively u have to now pay for television licence then pay for channels it is very stupid indeed.

Agreed but to be fair, that is true for anything that is shown on the non-Freeview channels.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yes i do agree with you there but why do we have to pay a television licence to now watch terrestrial channels when we are paying for digital who also pay terrestrial channels to feature them lol ? :D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding Driver line-ups

Webber will stay, as will Massa i think.

Sauber confirm Kobayashi and Perez stay with them.

Seats up for debate are Force India, Renault and Toro Rosso (IMO) + whatever 5 or so drivers HRT wish to use (LMAO)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mooney said:
Regarding Driver line-ups

Webber will stay, as will Massa i think.

Sauber confirm Kobayashi and Perez stay with them.

Seats up for debate are Force India, Renault and Toro Rosso (IMO) + whatever 5 or so drivers HRT wish to use (LMAO)

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You know it's true
m_wood
m_wood
20:04 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Same old crap with Sports in this country and tv shows for that matter, Sky soon gobbles them up

2005 Ashes fantastic on Channel 4, Then Sky Gobbelled it up...
Tv shows like Prison Break, Lost, Heroes, 24 that started on Terrestial, Sky then bought them all...

Same with Champions League football, terrestial getting less and less of it.

Same with the League Cup, FA CUP, England World Cup Qualifiers... the list goes on. As previously mentioned, Sky Sports package is ridiculously high, how can we afford this in the Global Recession. Bag of crap. And whats more.... sure its closed now but There was a time when I had sky sports a few years ago, and then Setanta came along and took a chunk of the games, so us the customer had to buy 2 sports packages... and we still do in a way, ESPN. Why cant they just give the customers a GOOD DEAL the robbin turds

Now Formula 1 thats been on terrestial tv for donkeys years. I am a Virgin Customer, No Sky Sports for me.

Its pretty rubbish for alot of people. Pay a Licence fee and its just channels of repeats and crap. And they thinK WE are getting a good deal. Oh but we are continuing to show highlighs for 7 years.. thats not the point love.

Next it will be the World Cup, Wimbledon, everything.

Goodbye to Sunday Afternoon Formula 1

Edited at 17:09 Fri 29/07/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:28 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ben Gallop (Head of BBC F1) has also had a bit of a rough time from F1 Fans (and I must say BBC fans at that) when he presented the official view on the BBC Website ... most of the comments echo what has been said here and I think their moderators are likely to be working overtime tonight (at the Licence Payer's expense lol).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2011/07/f1_coverage_to_be_shared_betwe.html

As an aside, I feel sorry for Jake and the team who are going to have to be professional and 'toe the party line' over the weekend.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:35 Fri 29 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14342780.stm

Is it just me, or does this remind anyone else of the Silverstone/Donnington fiasco?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:15 Sat 30 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
We have Monaco, UK and the last race. and will probs have boring races like Valencia to make the other 7. (yawn)

We should the jewels like Spa, Monza, and Singapore too. etc:

Chances are BBC will probs be given the anti-social time races at 6 in the morning so Sky get the more 'prime time' races.

Formula 1 then next in a long line of sports and great tv that sky are taking. FIGHT BACK!

Hopefully, Bernie will actually notice the fans rather than the fat wad of cash in his pocket for once and realise he is a fool.

'This can only benefit F1' - No!, Pay per view = less viewers, = less fans, = How can that possibly benefit?

Anyhow, haven't seen a positive comment from any fan regarding this deal. Those who have Sky i have seen admit they won't come close to the BBC coverage. Says all you need to know.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:20 Sat 30 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Everyone bows down to the power of SKY!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:20 Sat 30 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Believe in better
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New F1 Thread