Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

SOPA Blackout

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:22 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Only an idiot would take the cheats way out when creating websites
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
11:37 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
si123 said:
Youtube pays for their right to have Music Videos so that's not Copyright at all.
youtube pays to have the official music video channels of the different bands.
What about the 50,000 users who then take that video and post it as their own? Or videos of goals on TV? Or funny comedy sketches? If the legislation were to pass, youtube would be responsible for policing this content (which, given the dimensions, is impossible to do). And if it can't police, it can get shut down.
jack_pot
jack_pot
15:37 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not really bothered about it. I asked my family today what they thought and they hadn't even heard of any of this, so maybe that's the way it should be.
Let America try and control everything this once more, because in the end, they always pretty much fail, so it's no big deal. Let's just ignore them.
This bill won't be passed... SOPA has already been rejected so it's not long until PIPA will be as well..

Hacking group Anonymous have warned the US government with a list of demands, which I'm sure they'll be extremely concerned about. No messing around with Anonymous.

If they did pass this bill, all hell would break lose, so that would be quite funny to see.

@2good
Megaupload shutting down is unrelated to the whole SOPA/PIPA situation.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:06 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
jack_pot said:
This bill won't be passed... SOPA has already been rejected so it's not long until PIPA will be as well.
It hasn't. SOPA hasn't been put to a vote yet- lawmakers are debating possible changes to it.
PIPA is due for a vote on Jan. 24th.

edit- nevermind, the vote on PIPA has today been delayed indefinitely in response to 'recent events'.

wp internet.

Edited at 15:52 Fri 20/01/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:22 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
SOPA has been 'delayed' untill February. Has anyone seen the list off companies supporting it?
si123
si123
17:29 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
broxi said:
Only an idiot would take the cheats way out when creating websites

What makes me laugh when you say that, I don't know if you can WedDesign or Code or whatever your limits are regarding to the Internet, but I can do both so when you say 'The cheats way out' It's just saving time as I could create it myself just there is no need to as it's already infront of me.

I'm assuming with you calling me a cheat you know a little before commenting on my academic level, So if you create a Returning Array from C++ if you don't know what you are doing it's impossible (People will read this and possibly be like what's a Returning Array) End of day you will take information from other places just to get this 1 piece of code working.. Fact!

Where I can get a Returning Array to work, but if somebody has already done it to a high standard that I like then why not just take theirs it's going to be exactly the same as mine anyways!

People forget the Internet is all about FREE Information, and Broxi you ever downloaded a Song? Ever got a free Program? That's more illegal than the information I take from a website so think about what your saying prior to doing so!

And once again as I finish with all my posts!

SOPA -

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
jack_pot
jack_pot
18:09 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
It hasn't. SOPA hasn't been put to a vote yet- lawmakers are debating possible changes to it.
Edited at 15:52 Fri 20/01/12 (GMT)

Well it hasn't officially been denied, but Obama has promised to veto it if it get through congress.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:55 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
He has suggested that he would potentially use a veto if it passed in its current form. And more importantly, he only did this after the "recent events".
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:10 Sat 21 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
jack_pot said:
I'm not really bothered about it.

That is how governments survive mate. They thrive off passive observers.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:51 Sat 21 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
arpeggi said:
America is seriously bad news...i feel really sorry for people living in that 'country'

*cough*.....prison

Yes, I have been able to flourish and build a life while getting a university degree in Nursing, help participate in research to advance optimal health care for patients, become a home owner, and have options to help internationally with my nursing skills all by the age of 21...... THIS COUNTRY IS A PRISONNNN! (said in a brendan huff from step brothers voice).

Anyways, I believe they've pulled the SOPA bill. Once again an over the top thing sensationalized by media. That is all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:34 Sat 21 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
_brighteyes_ said:
arpeggi said:
America is seriously bad news...i feel really sorry for people living in that 'country'

*cough*.....prison

Yes, I have been able to flourish and build a life while getting a university degree in Nursing, help participate in research to advance optimal health care for patients, become a home owner, and have options to help internationally with my nursing skills all by the age of 21...... THIS COUNTRY IS A PRISONNNN! (said in a brendan huff from step brothers voice).

Anyways, I believe they've pulled the SOPA bill. Once again an over the top thing sensationalized by media. That is all

now thats a proper achievement^^^
damee
damee
00:01 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
_brighteyes_ said:
arpeggi said:

*cough*.....prison

I expected more from you Sam. Should have done all this by 18 no problem. Shame on you

I haven't really taken too much notice to this, it does seem a bit like the media has made too much of it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:48 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
_brighteyes_ said:
arpeggi said:

*cough*.....prison

are you allowed to spend your money how you see fit??? Your own money......no your not, coz they say so.

You pay a tax which there is no law for.....

If you think your living in anything BUT a prison, your sorely mistaken
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:25 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol peg, I don't know what may have happened to you when you went to the US to give you this perception, but it's a pretty damn nice place to live... (remember, I'm not American)
si123
si123
03:58 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Free Medical Service!

Free Dental Service

Good old England
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:12 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
lol peg, I don't know what may have happened to you when you went to the US to give you this perception, but it's a pretty damn nice place to live... (remember, I'm not American)

I dunno....im just ticked off

Edited at 02:19 Mon 23/01/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:46 Mon 23 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
_brighteyes_ said:
arpeggi said:

*cough*.....prison

Enjoy it while you can. The New World Order will take it all off you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:04 Tue 24 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
arpeggi said:
]

are you allowed to spend your money how you see fit??? Your own money......no your not, coz they say so.

You pay a tax which there is no law for.....

If you think your living in anything BUT a prison, your sorely mistaken

Haha seriously what world are you living in? Does practically every other country not have a tax on something? Yes, I pay taxes...but I also enjoy driving on well maintained roads, having the ability to get top notch health care from whomever I please with the money that I've worked for, having a police department that is on call when I need them... and do i mind giving money to others (government, less fortunate etc)...not really. yeah paying taxes sucks, but in the frame of mind in which I live, it's worth it. I work for a nonprofit hospital..if my mind was wrapped around the ability to make more money than everyone else I would have picked another profession. Some of us have priorities fitting of what you deem "a prison". By no means is the United States perfect, a child could surely tell you that, but to call it a "prison" is absolutely ludacris. Seems you've taken on the ignorant standpoint many Americans seem to get scruff for
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:05 Tue 24 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
damee said:

I expected more from you Sam. Should have done all this by 18 no problem. Shame on you

I haven't really taken too much notice to this, it does seem a bit like the media has made too much of it.

If it weren't for funky maybe I would have
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Tue 24 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have nothing against America per say.....im just totally shocked by a lot of the American Goverment's policies and standpoint on a whole range of issues.

You seem like an admirable American though! And you have done well it seems!
No harsh feelings!

<3
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

SOPA Blackout

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.