Justice for the 39 - Heysel

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
jack_pot
jack_pot
18:37 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yesterday marked 27 years since Liverpool fans were responsible for the killing of 39 innocent supporters.
Since every year you constantly hear about Hillsborough, I thought it was only right to remember Heysel as well. In my opinion it should be held to the same level as Hillsborough, but always seems to be forgotten about it.

Justice for the 39, R.I.P.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:58 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
RIP. I suppose it gets more coverage in Italy than here.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:09 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
My brother is a liverpool fan and I actually HATE how he treats this! He says that it had nothing to do with liverpool fans and "the stupid italians" sitting beneath the wall! Of course I'm bigger than him and beat him frequently.

RIP to all those who lost their lives in this tragic event
jack_pot
jack_pot
19:23 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  

It shouldn't be any different though. Liverpool fans caused it and a few Liverpool fans were killed as a result of it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:59 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
liverpool fans caused it? why were u there?

if they were there to be in the middle of it all they obviously had intent

italian fans are prob the worse in the world for hooligans(as well as england)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:04 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, considering a bunch of Liverpool fans were sentenced for manslaughter and Liverpool (and other English clubs) was excluded from UEFA competitions indefinitely, I think it's pretty clear who the cause was.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:05 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
still dont mean they caused it seb?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:07 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Italian teams weren't banned from the competition though were they? I think it was Liverpool fans who caused it but at the very least it was a tragedy.
mich
mich
22:00 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
There was an investigation into it all and the simplified version of it is...

There were missiles being thrown from both sets of supporters and it is unclear who started this, Liverpool fans then ran towards the Juventus fans who in their bid trying to escape by climbing over the wall were crushed by the wall falling while both sets of fans continued to fight. Moments later a Juventus fan was firing a pistol while it was all happening and soon after the police managed to get it as under control as they could.

After it was all sorted and the segregation took place properly they ordered the match go ahead as planned which was a terrible decision to be honest. For the next 2 hours the Juventus fans in the opposite end of the stadium rioted with police.

So yeah Liverpool fans were at fault for it and what a gang of *insert whatever you wish here* they are for doing it, Juventus fans were not as innocent as made out though (not that I am trying to justify any such actions as it is sickening) however if any of you have read my posts in football reactions thread you will know I am such anti hooliganism etc during the game and I just wish more people would be banned and locked away for it as was the outcome for 17 Liverpool fans in this case.

R.I.P to those who lost their lives here.

Too bad it wasn't enough of an eye opener to stop holligans, what more do they need in order for them to stop?
jack_pot
jack_pot
00:10 Thu 31 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  

if they were there to be in the middle of it all they obviously had intent

Are you in a grumpy mood today or something lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:37 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Such a sad, pathetic, immature and ignorant topic name. Makes me sick to see rival fans using the terrible deaths of 39 Italians and Belgiums to get one over on Liverpool.

The victims of Heysel got their justice. 27 People were arrested and made accountable for their crimes and charged with Involuntary Manslaughter. What more justice do you want to see handed out? The death penalty perhaps?

So there is the difference. The families of those who died at Heysel have at least been able to grieve. Justice was served and people were made accountable.

I'm not going to get annoyed but I just wish people would educate themselves before spewing their nonsense.

Edited at 23:45 Thu 31/05/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:50 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Well that is a throwaway comment that is just plain wrong!

England is one of the safest places in the world to watch football.

Have a look at Poland and Ukraine where the Euros will be staged.

Racist hooligans still rule the stadiums there, and police do nothing about it. Have a look at Turkey too.

Italy is quite bad though, Napoli for example like stabbing people in the bum.
jack_pot
jack_pot
15:29 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Such a sad, pathetic, immature and ignorant topic name. Makes me sick to see rival fans using the terrible deaths of 39 Italians and Belgiums to get one over on Liverpool.

Nope believe it or not the world doesn't revolve around Liverpool. This thread is to remember those that died that day.
Maybe "justice" is the wrong word. I'd like to see Liverpool FC apologise for what happened though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:12 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Liverpool have apologised on numerous occasions, and remember the tragedy every year.

Your talking nonsense mate, by all means pay respect to those who died
jack_pot
jack_pot
18:16 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Liverpool have apologised on numerous occasions, and remember the tragedy every year.

Your talking nonsense mate, by all means pay respect to those who died

Numerous occasions? They only need to apologies once so by saying that I think you're telling porky pies.

Stop littering this remembrance thread with discussions about Liverpool, you do it all the time it's like you can't help yourself. If people aren't discussing your football club it's like you get annoyed and feel the need to step in.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:49 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Mate I could blow you out of the water with discussions on football till the end of time. I'm not talking about Liverpool. I'm talking about you getting your facts wrong fella.

It was you who brough Hillsborough into a thread remembering the deathhs of 39 people. Christ knows why, but you did.

Liverpool apologised at the time of the incident and then again in 2005 when we played Juventus in 2005. I should know, I was there holding up a card which collectively read: AMICIZIA. It means Sorry.

Posted Image

If your going to spout juvenile, ignorant nonsense about how Liverpool need to apologise, then don't expect not to put you in your place.

Once again I will make the point. If you want to spout off about issues like this then educate yourself.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:54 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  

It shouldn't be any different though. Liverpool fans caused it and a few Liverpool fans were killed as a result of it.

Yet more incorrect nonsense mate. No Liverpool fans died at Heysel or as a result of it.

I think I'm wazzing against the wind trying to talk to you tbh because you seem incapable of understanding the most simplest of things.
mich
mich
19:34 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I may be wrong here mate but I believe Amicizia means friendship. I also believe 1 Liverpool fan from Northern Ireland was killed as part of this but then again not 100% on it.

But Jack you say about making every thread about Liverpool, you make a thread about an event which took place involving Liverpool, you slate Liverpool and give all nonsense details yet when we tell you what really happened how Liverpool have said sorry how there is a permanent plaque dedicated to those who died at Anfield and how our club marks this day every year you just push it to one side and start talking more bull.

Our club has said sorry to Juventus near enough every year, you slate us for not saying it yet when we say we have on numerous occasions you say we are lying because we should only do it once? Okay...

If you are going to make a thread which in some way concerns Liverpool don't be shocked to get comments back about Liverpool.
jack_pot
jack_pot
21:19 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
too long didn't read
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:57 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I may be wrong here mate but I believe Amicizia means friendship

Yeah that was it, I remember now. The Juve fans turned thier back to it and booed. Which is fair enough, it is their prerogative.

Of those who died 32 were Italian, 4 were Belgian, 2 were French and 1 was from Norn Iron. As I understand it, he wasn't a Liverpool fan though, he was just working in Belgium at the time.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Justice for the 39 - Heysel

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.